Used 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Love it!
By Denise

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this car! I traded in my 1977 Corvette for this one. It is absolutely fun to drive. Super peppy!

Color and styling.

Wish that there was a bit more accessible storage up front, ie, for CD's. Also only one cup-holder?

Best Car I've Ever Driven
By jmr2004

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a joy to drive and is far more driveable on a daily basis than most people would ever imagine. Fuel economy is eceptional, usually from 19- 23 mpg city, depending on how aggresively I drive. I really don't have a lot of data on highway mileage (I haven't done any long trips), but on 200 mile trips I have gotten 27 mpg highway. Other owners have told me they have gotten over 30 mpg. This car has also been problem free for the 4 yrs I have owned it. In recent years, other cars have caught up with it in performance, but 0-60 in less than 5 seconds and 13.1 at 107 mph stock is still respectable in the 1/4 mile. With performance mods, this car can hold it's own with anything out there.

HUD and active handling.

None.

Speed limits are only numbers.
By Darma

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

My review title is a little misleading. For the most part, I do respect the speed limits (sort of). I bought my Z06 new and absolutely love it. It's a pain to keep clean since it's black, but I wouldn't have any other color. The car is really fast and if I keep it in 6th on the freeway I can maintain 28 MPG. I knew when I bought my Vette that there wasn't much leather on the interior. So those of you out there shouldn't complain after the fact. this is an amazing car. Did I mention that it's fast?

My favorite features are the exterior shape and stance. It looks fast just standing still. I like the twin cockpit dash and the HUD display. The seats are comfortable and the fit and finish is good. I haven't had any problems with this car since buying it new over 3 1/2 years ago.

Since any suggested improvements I might have had for the 2004 model have been correct in the C6 models, I have no suggestions.

C5 the Greatest!
By OStanley

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

My Corvette convertible has been an absolute pleasure to own and drive.We are both 60 and purchased it as a "getaway" vehicle. Boy have we gotton away and in style, reasonable comfort and believe it or not, pretty good gas mileage.The car's trip computer gives us an average of almost 22mpg over the 20K+ miles we have driven since new.Chevy has a 'grand slam" in the Corvette C5, no doubt.Own one and you'll agree! It's performance and build quality is exceptional.The car is tight and rattle free even in the convertible configuration, thanks in large measure to the C5 redesign.Corvette engineering did a great job! Ownership has been a 9.8 experience and I don't anticipate any change in that!

Power, acceleration, design,handling and believe it or not, gas mileage!

None, save for ingress and egress improvements for 60 year olds

'04 Vette
By shobe

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great car, ride, performance. Gas mileage 19 around town. Bright red, real head turner. No returns to dealer except for oil changes.

Looks, ride, performance

Improve cup holders, sunglass holder