2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Consumer Reviews

Z06 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (76 reviews )
Why I bought a Z06
By 04torchredz06 on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I was in the market for a new & there was an article in a car mag that tested 4 similar cars at Willow Srpings Race in CA, one that I am intimately familiar with, having driven it many times. They were: BMW M3, 350Z, Porsched 911, and the Z06. The Z06, not surprising to me bascily won every category,and was the second cheapes. The M3was not my style , the Porsche while nice, but too much $. I drove a 350Z & my Eclipse GST with 120K miles will beat that car easily in everything but braking. Yes it is modifed. Found a dealer that would sell it for $45,700, $7000 below sticker, and POWER Chevy in South Bay arranged the deal and all I had to do was sign the papers.

My Corvette
By J-Rod on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

When we first got it, I had to see what it could do. I took it out on a long straight a way at about 3 in the morning. I was burning the tires and got it up to about 160 and got scared. The cool thing is that I know that it can do more than that. It handles great and is a lot of fun to drive.

Best Car For The Bucks
By Raptor Z06 on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

An Unbelieveable Driving Experience.

Corvettes are great
By Jarred on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The corvette is the only true American sports car. Since the first '53 rolled off the line in Flint, Michigan the corvette has amazed and captivated the American way of life. Just one year after celebrating the car's fiftieth anniversery the car still looks as good as ever. General Motors has done a great job with the corvette over the years and I look forward to the many years still to come. I love my corvette and wouldn't trade it for any other car in the world. Thanks corvette, for fifty-one years of true, original Americana.

my review
By rotten on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

its great, i really like it a lot, it is a really great car and is nice to drive. The body of it is just great, my engine is to the max, and i wouldnt trade it for anything.

One of the best cars ever bvuilt
By Z06 Rocks on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is the ultimate car for the average joe. Still expensive but with some saving the average person can own one.

Z06 - 2004
By andrecan on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I had a 99 Corvette hardtop and traded that in after 60k miles (no problems) for a 350Z. I missed the Corvette's torque so much I traded the 350Z back for this 2004 Z06. This car never disappoints. 0-60 in about 4 seconds, 1G on the skidpad, perfect handling, firm but not punishing ride, headturning styleing,respect from the harley guys, what's not to like? I bought this rather than wait for the 05 Vette as I didn't like the new style (no pop up headlights). I may change my mind if a 2005-06 Z06 comes out with 500hp...

My first Vette
By Andy64 on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

After Years of Driving Trans-Am's, I finally decided to spend for the Vette and selected the Z06 for sheer performance, knowingly giving up a few of the options available on the base vette. I was pleasantly surprized by the ride quality on rough pavement. While the suspension is definitely on the stiff side, there is a good amount of damping making the ride fairly comfortable. The power of the car is top notch, exceeding anything I have owned in the past. So far, no problems have surfaced. I am still in the "Break-in" period and will review again when some significant mileage is placed on car or significant event occurs.

My Impression
By Cordell on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the Corvette coupe with the intention that this would be my only car. I was wrong, I eventually bought a second car as my day-to-day "workhorse" (a '92 Toyota Corolla). The weather changes where I live in the Washington, DC area was too extreme for me to drive the Vette everyday. Although I have active handling system as well as traction control I didn't use all weather tires. As a resilt having the second car gives me the opportunity of comparing the two going from one vehicle to the other. The only time that I was beaten in a race was when I came up against a Lamborghini Diablo. How often does that happen?

Not too impressed
By Rick Burger on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

After the flash wears off, this is just a typical Corvette, plastic & a bigger than average motor. Big whoop de do! I want the C-6 and am in line already. Most people dont like the fat & bald stereotype connected to being a vette owner & the chicks dont like fat & bald vette owners either - its just a stigma that I cannot shed.