Used 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Z06 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (76 reviews )

My 4th Vette
By RMEFLYR

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Best Corvette I have owned yet. This is my 4th vette and my first new purchase. The car performs better than many other muscle cars I've owned. Acceleration and braking are superior. None of the rattles and electrical problems I had with my '72, '93 or '96. Amazing gas mileage (28 MPG)on road trips with an average speed of 75 mph. I plan to keep this car forever.

Favorite Features

Heads up display, a real trunk, braking performance, responsive steering

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials. Stronger seat frames. Real cupholders. Better audio components. Close ratio tranny

'04 ZO6
By ensbdon

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I drive my ZO6 every day, and I really enjoy the experience. I have had a couple of problems (window motor replaced and leak in the brake system), but luckily it still was under warranty. The handling and performance are unmatched for price and the looks, in my opinion, are better than the C6 version. Overall, I would say it's a great value for the price, and depreciation is slow!

Favorite Features

Handling, performance, dual-zone AC, and HUD.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior. GPS. Different brakes (brake dust really accummulates fast), and better shocks (gets squeaky a little fast).

'04 Z06 Commemerative Edition
By machineman

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Fun to drive, handles great. Never had any problems, mechanical or otherwise.It gets great gas mileage 28 MPG on the highway as long as you are cruising in 6th gear. What more can you ask for from a 405HP machine? It is what it is, a factory ready race car with a few amenities thrown in like A/C, a radio, CD player, power windows and locks. You drive it you're hooked!

Favorite Features

Commemorative Edition paint scheme and color. Heads-up display.

Suggested Improvements

XM radio, Better materials for the interior, better support from the seats in particular. Shorter throw shifter.

Vette 4
By NICK56

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Handles like no car I've ever driven. Accelerates like a rocket. Great looking body. Interior is a little weak. Some wind noise comes in through the side window. Sometimes feels a bit firm, but it is a sports car. Overall, a fantastic car. in my opinion, better looking than the C6. No regrets.

Very happy Vette owner
By lauer777

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

You name it, I've had it. Mercedes, BMW, driven Porsches. The first time I drove my first Vette, I knew that I waited too long, and WASTED my money on foreign cars. I, like many others, was skeptical, due to American quality concerns. Think no more! For what I paid for my first Vette... $49K, what I got for the money far exceeded any other car in value. I purchased an extended warranty, and I drive virtually worry free for SIX years!! To date, not one thing, on both my Z06 and C5 has gone wrong. All someone in the design dept. needs to do is work on the interior, and, as far as I am concerned, we have a near perfect car!

Favorite Features

Performance, ride, handling, styling, surprising gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

INTERIOR!!!