2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Consumer Reviews

Z06 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (75 reviews )
Z06
By vette6 on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Best car I have ever driven, fun to drive, hugs the road and will beat the pants off a Porshe.

My Z06
By Corvette Carguy on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed owning and driving this vehicle. The performance and handeling is surperb for a vehicle in this price range. I will be buying another one within the next 2 years.

Z06 superior value
By jal777 on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have "been around the block" a few times with a few vehicles over the years. All I can say is this.......Where has the Z06 been all my life?? More like, "where have I been?" This car has redefined what driving is all about for me. My initial interest was the 2005, but, when I saw this Black 04 Z06 sitting on the lot, I wasted not a moment more!! I promised myself that I would never purchase another black vehicle again, (I live in Vegas),but, this a/c cools the cab down in a matter of seconds. Anyway, this one's a keeper. I finally found the right one for me.

Most fun for less than $50k you can buy!
By Tom_Steele on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I can't imagine a more fun to drive car than this one - at least not for under $75,000 or so. Build quality could be better, but then it would probably cost a lot more. As it is, the car is still a solid car with only a few reliability problems. You are basically buying a street legal race car, that still gets surprisingly decent mileage (I get about 18 with MIXED driving, but only about 14 city.) The car LOOKS GREAT, ACCELERATES BETTER and HANDLES even better. It needs a better stereo and better build quality and it is perfect. One other note, the stock tires are horrible in the rain. Put some Michelin Pilot Sports on and the problem is fixed!

This car rocks !!!
By America's Car on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Love the flashy looks, its so hot and the chicks just dig it !!! I feel like a young man all over again & I am 64. Not too many cars on the road faster, other than M3's & 911's I beat everyone. I get girls half my age in this sports car, I love it !

Unbridled Power & FUN!
By ZoomO6 on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

My ZO6 is amazing. Other than low clearance of the ground effects and the ralatively lower end interior the car is a cream puff. Never have I owned a car with this type of performance or power. Being an owner of an earlier model viper and a couple of higher performing Cadi's, Beemer's, and Mercedes; the Corvette stands alone when comparing all features together. The six speed transmission adds enjoyment to the already scary power the vette supplies. My wife was skeptical before she had a chance to drive this now family favorite. Not to mention the asthetically pleasing exterior, my kids call it the spaceship. Overall, It's the best I've known.

Best Sports Car Ever!
By Zoomie 81 on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Driving the vette is exhileration bar none! Unless a person wants to spend a lot more money--there is no car on the planet that offers the comfort, technology, performance and value all in one awesome automobile! Whether wipping some wanna-be off the line or crusiing with your babe on a sunny day, the Vette has it all. A heads-up display, a Bose sound system, and gut wrentching performance all add up to the best car ever. Go ahead and spend double the money and still have less of a car. Go ahead and be stupid! No car even comes close for the dollar. See you in my rear view!

And Great Gas Mileage Too!
By Marshal888 on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The most amazing thing about the Corvette is the gas mileage on the open road. My 99 got 32.7 mpg with an automatic trans and my 2003, Z06 gets 31 mpg. The only time gas mileage suffers is when your playing or when I drove this beast up Mount Washington in New Hampshire. It was first gear all the way up to 6000 ft. plus. Coming down the mountain was another story. Overall the value is there. Plenty of storage for luggage. If I had to say one bad thing about this car if would have to be the cup holder. It's useless!

fun car
By purplechicken on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent HP,Need to have the KN air filter system which does bring up the Performance.Overall very good buy and is fun to drive.

Why I bought a Z06
By 04torchredz06 on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I was in the market for a new & there was an article in a car mag that tested 4 similar cars at Willow Srpings Race in CA, one that I am intimately familiar with, having driven it many times. They were: BMW M3, 350Z, Porsched 911, and the Z06. The Z06, not surprising to me bascily won every category,and was the second cheapes. The M3was not my style , the Porsche while nice, but too much $. I drove a 350Z & my Eclipse GST with 120K miles will beat that car easily in everything but braking. Yes it is modifed. Found a dealer that would sell it for $45,700, $7000 below sticker, and POWER Chevy in South Bay arranged the deal and all I had to do was sign the papers.