2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2004 Corvette Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Sort Reviews by

Love My Z06 commerative Edition
By Z06Bill

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Every Time I wonder why I threw down 45K for a Go Fast, all I have to do is sit down and step on the gas. This thing gets your attention real fast. It spins the tires so fast it doesn't even leave a black mark, it just looks like you scoured the pavement clean. I Love It!!!

Favorite Features

The Power

Suggested Improvements

GPS, and better AC

Z06
By vette6

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Best car I have ever driven, fun to drive, hugs the road and will beat the pants off a Porshe.

My Z06
By Corvette Carguy

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed owning and driving this vehicle. The performance and handeling is surperb for a vehicle in this price range. I will be buying another one within the next 2 years.

Favorite Features

The style and power!!!

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower. Maybe a turbocharged option from the factory.

Z06 superior value
By jal777

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have "been around the block" a few times with a few vehicles over the years. All I can say is this.......Where has the Z06 been all my life?? More like, "where have I been?" This car has redefined what driving is all about for me. My initial interest was the 2005, but, when I saw this Black 04 Z06 sitting on the lot, I wasted not a moment more!! I promised myself that I would never purchase another black vehicle again, (I live in Vegas),but, this a/c cools the cab down in a matter of seconds. Anyway, this one's a keeper. I finally found the right one for me.

Favorite Features

What are my favorite features? Body style, for starters. Heads up display is awesome. Close ratio shifting. Comfortable seating, great for long road trips. 5.7 Screamer.

Suggested Improvements

Center console too close to emergency brake lever when up. Interior design could use a facelift, other than that, I can't think of anything else that one could improve on.

This car rocks !!!
By America's Car

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Love the flashy looks, its so hot and the chicks just dig it !!! I feel like a young man all over again & I am 64. Not too many cars on the road faster, other than M3's & 911's I beat everyone. I get girls half my age in this sports car, I love it !

Favorite Features

The flashy looks, but the C6 is even nicer looking, I will get the new model in a couple years.

Suggested Improvements

Lots of rattles, cheap interior materials, finish is not as good as others, could use more power.

Most fun for less than $50k you can buy!
By Tom_Steele

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I can't imagine a more fun to drive car than this one - at least not for under $75,000 or so. Build quality could be better, but then it would probably cost a lot more. As it is, the car is still a solid car with only a few reliability problems. You are basically buying a street legal race car, that still gets surprisingly decent mileage (I get about 18 with MIXED driving, but only about 14 city.) The car LOOKS GREAT, ACCELERATES BETTER and HANDLES even better. It needs a better stereo and better build quality and it is perfect. One other note, the stock tires are horrible in the rain. Put some Michelin Pilot Sports on and the problem is fixed!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, looks, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Improve build quality, and stereo.

Unbridled Power & FUN!
By ZoomO6

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

My ZO6 is amazing. Other than low clearance of the ground effects and the ralatively lower end interior the car is a cream puff. Never have I owned a car with this type of performance or power. Being an owner of an earlier model viper and a couple of higher performing Cadi's, Beemer's, and Mercedes; the Corvette stands alone when comparing all features together. The six speed transmission adds enjoyment to the already scary power the vette supplies. My wife was skeptical before she had a chance to drive this now family favorite. Not to mention the asthetically pleasing exterior, my kids call it the spaceship. Overall, It's the best I've known.

Favorite Features

The six speed trans brings so much fun as you learn new ways to manuever through them(ask my wife). The speed/signal display on the winshield is a nice touch/safety measure. The additl. cargo space is appreciated. The commemorative touches/special rims are an icing on the cake!!!!

Suggested Improvements

I would improve the interior features to measure up to the Benz, Cadi, and BMWs. Suspension could be a bit better, however not if you lose any power or overall performance. T-tops going back to old school might entice some of the older Vette owners such as my father('77) on the ZO6.

Best Sports Car Ever!
By Zoomie 81

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Driving the vette is exhileration bar none! Unless a person wants to spend a lot more money--there is no car on the planet that offers the comfort, technology, performance and value all in one awesome automobile! Whether wipping some wanna-be off the line or crusiing with your babe on a sunny day, the Vette has it all. A heads-up display, a Bose sound system, and gut wrentching performance all add up to the best car ever. Go ahead and spend double the money and still have less of a car. Go ahead and be stupid! No car even comes close for the dollar. See you in my rear view!

Favorite Features

Heads-Up Display, Bose Stereo, Removable roof, magnetic ride control, traction control and awesome gas milage.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing! What can I say?

And Great Gas Mileage Too!
By Marshal888

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The most amazing thing about the Corvette is the gas mileage on the open road. My 99 got 32.7 mpg with an automatic trans and my 2003, Z06 gets 31 mpg. The only time gas mileage suffers is when your playing or when I drove this beast up Mount Washington in New Hampshire. It was first gear all the way up to 6000 ft. plus. Coming down the mountain was another story. Overall the value is there. Plenty of storage for luggage. If I had to say one bad thing about this car if would have to be the cup holder. It's useless!

Favorite Features

Power, handling, braking and did I mention Power.

Suggested Improvements

The C6 has addressed many of the little things the C5 needed.

fun car
By purplechicken

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent HP,Need to have the KN air filter system which does bring up the Performance.Overall very good buy and is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Traction control does what it says and it really works.

Suggested Improvements

Seats need to be improved for long trips.Some type of back support would be great.