Used 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Why didn't I buy one sooner???
By safetyman

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have always wanted one,"Why did I wait so Long?" this is by far the most exciting investment I have ever made! The wife and I had been discussing the idea of buying one and she kept putting me off, she went out of town for the weekend:) you guessed it! I went out and bought the car of my dreams!still married! she actually really likes to drive it herself. I have absolutely no complaints except not enough pretty days to take the top off and just drive! since my purchase it seems like I have found a new group of friends, they all own Corvettes and like to hang out and cruise.

The horse power! I recently went on a 1100 mile trip and averaged 34.3mpg @ 80mph. WOW! the hud is neat, never have to look down, might hurt if you get pulled over by a policeman who knows about vettes! no excuses!

None that I can think of!

Dream Car!
By gxtol

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I'd wanted a Corvette since I first became aware of cars at 13 (in 1966!). Finally got one at age 50. Bought mine new in Spiral Gray with every possible option. Other than replacing the battery in the first month as a preventative measure and fixing the gas tank (common problem) in the first year, this car has been "bullet-proof". I live in an area where there are multiple exotics, Porsches, Ferraris, etc and my car gets as much, if not more, attention. I love it. Fast, great looking and a virtual time machine making me feel 16 again.

Everything about it! And the "Corvette Wave" is cool, too!

Yes, it seems a bit cheap on the inside but I can live with it. The stock run-flats are awful!

More Improvements, are you kidding me!
By Vette_Adrenaline

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

2004, black C5, 8k miles. This is by far the best car I have ever owned. Handles great, The horsepower is excellent and gas mileage to boot. On a recent trip I averaged 31.5mpg. I was blown away. I kept pointing to the dash and laughing to my wife. This was totaly unexpected. I'm 6 ft 2" tall and this thing is comfortable, the HUD and all gauges are easy to see at a glance. All adjustments easily reached. This is now my daily driver and not a day goes by that I dont get home without a smile on my face. If you don't fall in love with this car, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

All of it.

None, who listens to the radio while driving this car?

Love it!
By Denise

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this car! I traded in my 1977 Corvette for this one. It is absolutely fun to drive. Super peppy!

Color and styling.

Wish that there was a bit more accessible storage up front, ie, for CD's. Also only one cup-holder?

Best Car I've Ever Driven
By jmr2004

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a joy to drive and is far more driveable on a daily basis than most people would ever imagine. Fuel economy is eceptional, usually from 19- 23 mpg city, depending on how aggresively I drive. I really don't have a lot of data on highway mileage (I haven't done any long trips), but on 200 mile trips I have gotten 27 mpg highway. Other owners have told me they have gotten over 30 mpg. This car has also been problem free for the 4 yrs I have owned it. In recent years, other cars have caught up with it in performance, but 0-60 in less than 5 seconds and 13.1 at 107 mph stock is still respectable in the 1/4 mile. With performance mods, this car can hold it's own with anything out there.

HUD and active handling.