Used 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Consumer Reviews

Z06 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (76 reviews )

May 2014 Road & Track 2004 best year C-5 ZO6!!!
By porchrd

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 8th corvette and it is the best performing and handling corvette that I have ever had. Hopefully in the near future I will purchase my 9th corvette.

I really like this body style for it has a real trunk which has a lot of room. Why GM stop making this model is beyond me. I have had the hatch rear glass and did not like it at all!!!

Yes you can do many modifications with performance & suspension modifications etc, it depends on how deep your pockets are!!! Ha Ha

Amazing machine
By Steven

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a silver 2004 Z06 with 25,900 miles. The car is stock. I am amazed by the performance value of this car. The engine is incredibly flexible. The sound of the motor at 6,000 RPMs is amazing, and the car pulls like a locomotive. I am also amazed at the relative comfort of the car - the seats are very comfortable (I am over 6 feet tall) and the ride quality, though firm, is wonderful. I am surprised at how docile the car is in 'adult driving' mode - driven maturely around town, the car is eminently livable. For an enthisiast, this is a comfortable daily driver. I am amazed at the performance value with the Z06 as compared with other high-performance cars.

A street-legal race car that pulls double-duty as a grand tourer The sound of the engine at 6,000 RPMs in full-attack mode The rocket-like thrust at full throttle The stop-on-a-dime brakes that don't fade The tight and responsive steering The amazing value compared to other supercars

Gas mileage, though excellent for such a performance beast, is not terrific, but this is truly nit-picking given the amazing performance of this very affordable rocket launcher of a vehicle

Corvette #5 for me
By HD Shive

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Corvette Z06 is a remarkable car. It's fast, beautiful, handles and stops like very few cars can. These cars are priced well and fairly inexpensive to own. Mine gets 30 MPG on the highway and routine maint. can be done by most owners/enthusiasts due to its simplicity.

Did I mention fast?

Better interior fit and finish. A removable top would be nice also.

Speed limits are only numbers.
By Darma

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

My review title is a little misleading. For the most part, I do respect the speed limits (sort of). I bought my Z06 new and absolutely love it. It's a pain to keep clean since it's black, but I wouldn't have any other color. The car is really fast and if I keep it in 6th on the freeway I can maintain 28 MPG. I knew when I bought my Vette that there wasn't much leather on the interior. So those of you out there shouldn't complain after the fact. this is an amazing car. Did I mention that it's fast?

My favorite features are the exterior shape and stance. It looks fast just standing still. I like the twin cockpit dash and the HUD display. The seats are comfortable and the fit and finish is good. I haven't had any problems with this car since buying it new over 3 1/2 years ago.

Since any suggested improvements I might have had for the 2004 model have been correct in the C6 models, I have no suggestions.

Half way there
By marcus

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Sharp car in design, but not in comfort. Very noisy inside, interior materails do not hold up to use. Driver leather replaced twice. Tire wear abysmal, replaced all at 30k. I'm not a hot rodder. This is my 8th Corvette. Great gas mileage. Year round driver, not too bad in snow.

Style and color

Durable interior with more color choices.