Used 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Great car, fun to drive
By roger

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our 04 Coupe for over a year. It runs great, looks new, and has never had a mechanical flaw since we owned it It is a show winner, having won "best in class" at a recent car show. We belong to Myrtle Beach Car Club and enjoy the events, shows, and cruises. It has plenty of power and gets about 23 to 23 mpg on trips. Great car overall.

The performance and how it handles in turns and acceleration.

It is great as it is, needs nothing.

bitter sweet
By delano

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for a 1 1/2 years. Don't purchase one with a removable top if you want to stay dry. I have replaced all the seals. It still leaks, radio poor, steering wheel lockout disable as soon possible.

great pickup & handling, 28 mpg on hwy very cool. great exhaust note. 6 speed is sweet!

get rid of the run flat tires and put back a spare tire

Why didn't I buy one sooner???
By safetyman

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have always wanted one,"Why did I wait so Long?" this is by far the most exciting investment I have ever made! The wife and I had been discussing the idea of buying one and she kept putting me off, she went out of town for the weekend:) you guessed it! I went out and bought the car of my dreams!still married! she actually really likes to drive it herself. I have absolutely no complaints except not enough pretty days to take the top off and just drive! since my purchase it seems like I have found a new group of friends, they all own Corvettes and like to hang out and cruise.

The horse power! I recently went on a 1100 mile trip and averaged 34.3mpg @ 80mph. WOW! the hud is neat, never have to look down, might hurt if you get pulled over by a policeman who knows about vettes! no excuses!

None that I can think of!

Dream Car!
By gxtol

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I'd wanted a Corvette since I first became aware of cars at 13 (in 1966!). Finally got one at age 50. Bought mine new in Spiral Gray with every possible option. Other than replacing the battery in the first month as a preventative measure and fixing the gas tank (common problem) in the first year, this car has been "bullet-proof". I live in an area where there are multiple exotics, Porsches, Ferraris, etc and my car gets as much, if not more, attention. I love it. Fast, great looking and a virtual time machine making me feel 16 again.

Everything about it! And the "Corvette Wave" is cool, too!

Yes, it seems a bit cheap on the inside but I can live with it. The stock run-flats are awful!

More Improvements, are you kidding me!
By Vette_Adrenaline

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

2004, black C5, 8k miles. This is by far the best car I have ever owned. Handles great, The horsepower is excellent and gas mileage to boot. On a recent trip I averaged 31.5mpg. I was blown away. I kept pointing to the dash and laughing to my wife. This was totaly unexpected. I'm 6 ft 2" tall and this thing is comfortable, the HUD and all gauges are easy to see at a glance. All adjustments easily reached. This is now my daily driver and not a day goes by that I dont get home without a smile on my face. If you don't fall in love with this car, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

All of it.

None, who listens to the radio while driving this car?