2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Great car, fun to drive
By roger on 08/07/10 10:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our 04 Coupe for over a year. It runs great, looks new, and has never had a mechanical flaw since we owned it It is a show winner, having won "best in class" at a recent car show. We belong to Myrtle Beach Car Club and enjoy the events, shows, and cruises. It has plenty of power and gets about 23 to 23 mpg on trips. Great car overall.

bitter sweet
By delano on 06/06/10 19:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for a 1 1/2 years. Don't purchase one with a removable top if you want to stay dry. I have replaced all the seals. It still leaks, radio poor, steering wheel lockout disable as soon possible.

Why didn't I buy one sooner???
By safetyman on 01/26/10 11:34 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have always wanted one,"Why did I wait so Long?" this is by far the most exciting investment I have ever made! The wife and I had been discussing the idea of buying one and she kept putting me off, she went out of town for the weekend:) you guessed it! I went out and bought the car of my dreams!still married! she actually really likes to drive it herself. I have absolutely no complaints except not enough pretty days to take the top off and just drive! since my purchase it seems like I have found a new group of friends, they all own Corvettes and like to hang out and cruise.

Dream Car!
By gxtol on 07/14/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I'd wanted a Corvette since I first became aware of cars at 13 (in 1966!). Finally got one at age 50. Bought mine new in Spiral Gray with every possible option. Other than replacing the battery in the first month as a preventative measure and fixing the gas tank (common problem) in the first year, this car has been "bullet-proof". I live in an area where there are multiple exotics, Porsches, Ferraris, etc and my car gets as much, if not more, attention. I love it. Fast, great looking and a virtual time machine making me feel 16 again.

More Improvements, are you kidding me!
By Vette_Adrenaline on 08/18/08 14:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

2004, black C5, 8k miles. This is by far the best car I have ever owned. Handles great, The horsepower is excellent and gas mileage to boot. On a recent trip I averaged 31.5mpg. I was blown away. I kept pointing to the dash and laughing to my wife. This was totaly unexpected. I'm 6 ft 2" tall and this thing is comfortable, the HUD and all gauges are easy to see at a glance. All adjustments easily reached. This is now my daily driver and not a day goes by that I dont get home without a smile on my face. If you don't fall in love with this car, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

Love it!
By Denise on 05/24/08 21:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this car! I traded in my 1977 Corvette for this one. It is absolutely fun to drive. Super peppy!

Best Car I've Ever Driven
By jmr2004 on 02/08/08 09:51 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a joy to drive and is far more driveable on a daily basis than most people would ever imagine. Fuel economy is eceptional, usually from 19- 23 mpg city, depending on how aggresively I drive. I really don't have a lot of data on highway mileage (I haven't done any long trips), but on 200 mile trips I have gotten 27 mpg highway. Other owners have told me they have gotten over 30 mpg. This car has also been problem free for the 4 yrs I have owned it. In recent years, other cars have caught up with it in performance, but 0-60 in less than 5 seconds and 13.1 at 107 mph stock is still respectable in the 1/4 mile. With performance mods, this car can hold it's own with anything out there.

4th vette's a charm
By Big Steff on 01/10/07 16:28 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th vette (2 C4's, 2nd C5). Almost bought 06 C6 without driving then found it was too tight (me 6"3'). Sold 99 FRC to get this one. FRC was base model with Z51, 04 fully loaded!! Car is solid as a rock. Maybe get a C7 if more interior space (or I shrink). Best of the 4 I've owned !!!

Just Drive It
By IMAKID on 06/29/06 09:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Fix the shifter, more comfort, nicer interior? Are you kidding? Fill it up, strap in, and smoke 'em! This is not a luxury touring car. It's a high speed, awesome sports machine. Serious speed and fun. There is no other car that delivers this kind of fun & performance for the money. If you want more junk to play with, go buy a Mercedes.

Great Car!
By Keithk71 on 06/25/06 10:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in 2004. Fun car to drive, very happy overall. Has been very sound mechanically. Only minor problems; blown front drivers door speaker, drivers side seat bolsters needed replacing, passenger side power window regulator needed replacing. All fixed under warranty. Biggest issue: GM doesn't fit their performance cars with adequate brakes. Prone to warpage, had same problem with 2002 WS-6 T/A. I have a set of Baer Brakes on order to fix the problem. Still, best perfomance car value out there! Can't wait to get a new Z06!