2004 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
May 2014 Road & Track 2004 best year C-5 ZO6!!!
By porchrd on 06/04/14 17:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 8th corvette and it is the best performing and handling corvette that I have ever had. Hopefully in the near future I will purchase my 9th corvette.

Amazing machine
By Steven on 11/07/08 04:25 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a silver 2004 Z06 with 25,900 miles. The car is stock. I am amazed by the performance value of this car. The engine is incredibly flexible. The sound of the motor at 6,000 RPMs is amazing, and the car pulls like a locomotive. I am also amazed at the relative comfort of the car - the seats are very comfortable (I am over 6 feet tall) and the ride quality, though firm, is wonderful. I am surprised at how docile the car is in 'adult driving' mode - driven maturely around town, the car is eminently livable. For an enthisiast, this is a comfortable daily driver. I am amazed at the performance value with the Z06 as compared with other high-performance cars.

Corvette #5 for me
By HD Shive on 09/30/08 22:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Corvette Z06 is a remarkable car. It's fast, beautiful, handles and stops like very few cars can. These cars are priced well and fairly inexpensive to own. Mine gets 30 MPG on the highway and routine maint. can be done by most owners/enthusiasts due to its simplicity.

Speed limits are only numbers.
By Darma on 02/05/08 13:52 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

My review title is a little misleading. For the most part, I do respect the speed limits (sort of). I bought my Z06 new and absolutely love it. It's a pain to keep clean since it's black, but I wouldn't have any other color. The car is really fast and if I keep it in 6th on the freeway I can maintain 28 MPG. I knew when I bought my Vette that there wasn't much leather on the interior. So those of you out there shouldn't complain after the fact. this is an amazing car. Did I mention that it's fast?

Half way there
By marcus on 06/12/07 11:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Sharp car in design, but not in comfort. Very noisy inside, interior materails do not hold up to use. Driver leather replaced twice. Tire wear abysmal, replaced all at 30k. I'm not a hot rodder. This is my 8th Corvette. Great gas mileage. Year round driver, not too bad in snow.

My 4th Vette
By RMEFLYR on 12/27/06 20:25 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Best Corvette I have owned yet. This is my 4th vette and my first new purchase. The car performs better than many other muscle cars I've owned. Acceleration and braking are superior. None of the rattles and electrical problems I had with my '72, '93 or '96. Amazing gas mileage (28 MPG)on road trips with an average speed of 75 mph. I plan to keep this car forever.

'04 ZO6
By ensbdon on 10/25/06 06:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I drive my ZO6 every day, and I really enjoy the experience. I have had a couple of problems (window motor replaced and leak in the brake system), but luckily it still was under warranty. The handling and performance are unmatched for price and the looks, in my opinion, are better than the C6 version. Overall, I would say it's a great value for the price, and depreciation is slow!

'04 Z06 Commemerative Edition
By machineman on 05/26/06 10:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Fun to drive, handles great. Never had any problems, mechanical or otherwise.It gets great gas mileage 28 MPG on the highway as long as you are cruising in 6th gear. What more can you ask for from a 405HP machine? It is what it is, a factory ready race car with a few amenities thrown in like A/C, a radio, CD player, power windows and locks. You drive it you're hooked!

Vette 4
By NICK56 on 10/19/05 09:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Handles like no car I've ever driven. Accelerates like a rocket. Great looking body. Interior is a little weak. Some wind noise comes in through the side window. Sometimes feels a bit firm, but it is a sports car. Overall, a fantastic car. in my opinion, better looking than the C6. No regrets.

Very happy Vette owner
By lauer777 on 08/20/05 10:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

You name it, I've had it. Mercedes, BMW, driven Porsches. The first time I drove my first Vette, I knew that I waited too long, and WASTED my money on foreign cars. I, like many others, was skeptical, due to American quality concerns. Think no more! For what I paid for my first Vette... $49K, what I got for the money far exceeded any other car in value. I purchased an extended warranty, and I drive virtually worry free for SIX years!! To date, not one thing, on both my Z06 and C5 has gone wrong. All someone in the design dept. needs to do is work on the interior, and, as far as I am concerned, we have a near perfect car!