Used 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

2004 Corvette Convertible
By chuckdi

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

My 04 Corvette Convertible came with chrome aluminum wheels, magnetic suspension, memory seats, head up display and 18K miles on it, The C5 Corvettes are about 1 inch lower and 3 inches longer than the C6 Corvettes. Riding over speed bumps is a problem as well as parking up to concrete slabs. The C5 is lighter than the C6, because the engine is smaller (5.7 liter vs. 6.0 and 6.2 liter). The LS1 engine is more reliable than the LS2, but no match for the LS3. Got a dealership window sticker from the Corvette Museum. List price 55K.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride with the magnetic suspension. Great handling from lightweight engine and body. Comfortable seats and large trunk. Run flat tires. Easy manual convertible top.

Suggested Improvements

The twin gas tanks each have an electric motor which can fail. Better to have one electric motor for both gas tanks like the C6.

Original 5 year owner comments
By M.K.U.

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned and driven this Corvette for almost 5 years. There is really nothing as much fun as a top down cruise in this car. This car was a daily driver for the first 2 years and then a weekend garage queen since then. No issues or problems just routine oil changes. 33,000 miles and loving every minute.

Favorite Features

Style, heads up display, factory magneisum wheels, power, & waves from other Corvette owners.

Suggested Improvements

Run flat tire are noisy and top up air noise above 80 mph but this is a sports car....who cares.

Wow! What A Car
By crspurch

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Well, this is my third corvette, first a C3 - 1980, next a C4 - 1992 and now this C5. It is incredible, the improvement over the C4 is staggering. The car is a monster and handles like a dream. I wanted a convertible, but I thought I wanted a C6 because of the higher HP. However, after driving both, I decided on the C5 (2004) because I thought the interior was much nicer and roomier. I really felt the C6 interior was "cheapened" compared to the C5. Some have complained about "noise" from the run- flats, but I don't experience that problem. All in all, dollar for dollar, this is an awesome car!

Favorite Features

6-speed, windows automatically opening upon putting top down, automatic or "memory" seat and steering wheel settings upon entering and exiting vehical. Fast, handling, and did I say fast?

Suggested Improvements

Louder stock exhaust, has been my comment since the C4's. Z06 has much better sounding exhaust.

Gota love it
By Anonymous

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned three vettes, 74, 84 and now the 04. Each one has improved in all areas of performance and comfort. Took round trip from New England to Bowling Green, toured factory and NCM averaged 30MPG for 3500 miles and loved the trip. Best by far of any vette I've owned, lots of top down fun

Favorite Features

top down fun with great tunes from the sound system

Suggested Improvements

two cup holders

Great American Car
By Red-Line

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Corvette. I am over 60 years old. This is just the right age to get a critter like this! My Mag Red convertible has all the vim and vigor you'd expect from a C5, and with more than 50,000 miles on it, it has lost nothing. I decided on the 04 C5 because it is the last of the generation you know, long and sleek with all of the bugs worked out! This car's acceleration will snap you back into your seat and give you the sense of a fighter pilot's thrill.

Favorite Features

Oh for sure, watching the tach with that 6 speed manual transmission working out that 5.7 liter powerplant.

Suggested Improvements

You gotta be kidding!