Used 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

May 2014 Road & Track 2004 best year C-5 ZO6!!!
By porchrd

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 8th corvette and it is the best performing and handling corvette that I have ever had. Hopefully in the near future I will purchase my 9th corvette.

Favorite Features

I really like this body style for it has a real trunk which has a lot of room. Why GM stop making this model is beyond me. I have had the hatch rear glass and did not like it at all!!!

Suggested Improvements

Yes you can do many modifications with performance & suspension modifications etc, it depends on how deep your pockets are!!! Ha Ha

2004 Corvette Convertible
By chuckdi

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

My 04 Corvette Convertible came with chrome aluminum wheels, magnetic suspension, memory seats, head up display and 18K miles on it, The C5 Corvettes are about 1 inch lower and 3 inches longer than the C6 Corvettes. Riding over speed bumps is a problem as well as parking up to concrete slabs. The C5 is lighter than the C6, because the engine is smaller (5.7 liter vs. 6.0 and 6.2 liter). The LS1 engine is more reliable than the LS2, but no match for the LS3. Got a dealership window sticker from the Corvette Museum. List price 55K.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride with the magnetic suspension. Great handling from lightweight engine and body. Comfortable seats and large trunk. Run flat tires. Easy manual convertible top.

Suggested Improvements

The twin gas tanks each have an electric motor which can fail. Better to have one electric motor for both gas tanks like the C6.

Gota love it
By Anonymous

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned three vettes, 74, 84 and now the 04. Each one has improved in all areas of performance and comfort. Took round trip from New England to Bowling Green, toured factory and NCM averaged 30MPG for 3500 miles and loved the trip. Best by far of any vette I've owned, lots of top down fun

Favorite Features

top down fun with great tunes from the sound system

Suggested Improvements

two cup holders

Great American Car
By Red-Line

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Corvette. I am over 60 years old. This is just the right age to get a critter like this! My Mag Red convertible has all the vim and vigor you'd expect from a C5, and with more than 50,000 miles on it, it has lost nothing. I decided on the 04 C5 because it is the last of the generation you know, long and sleek with all of the bugs worked out! This car's acceleration will snap you back into your seat and give you the sense of a fighter pilot's thrill.

Favorite Features

Oh for sure, watching the tach with that 6 speed manual transmission working out that 5.7 liter powerplant.

Suggested Improvements

You gotta be kidding!

Great car, fun to drive
By roger

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our 04 Coupe for over a year. It runs great, looks new, and has never had a mechanical flaw since we owned it It is a show winner, having won "best in class" at a recent car show. We belong to Myrtle Beach Car Club and enjoy the events, shows, and cruises. It has plenty of power and gets about 23 to 23 mpg on trips. Great car overall.

Favorite Features

The performance and how it handles in turns and acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

It is great as it is, needs nothing.