2004 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
May 2014 Road & Track 2004 best year C-5 ZO6!!!
By porchrd on 06/04/14 17:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 8th corvette and it is the best performing and handling corvette that I have ever had. Hopefully in the near future I will purchase my 9th corvette.

2004 Corvette Convertible
By chuckdi on 05/25/14 21:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

My 04 Corvette Convertible came with chrome aluminum wheels, magnetic suspension, memory seats, head up display and 18K miles on it, The C5 Corvettes are about 1 inch lower and 3 inches longer than the C6 Corvettes. Riding over speed bumps is a problem as well as parking up to concrete slabs. The C5 is lighter than the C6, because the engine is smaller (5.7 liter vs. 6.0 and 6.2 liter). The LS1 engine is more reliable than the LS2, but no match for the LS3. Got a dealership window sticker from the Corvette Museum. List price 55K.

Gota love it
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned three vettes, 74, 84 and now the 04. Each one has improved in all areas of performance and comfort. Took round trip from New England to Bowling Green, toured factory and NCM averaged 30MPG for 3500 miles and loved the trip. Best by far of any vette I've owned, lots of top down fun

Great American Car
By Red-Line on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Corvette. I am over 60 years old. This is just the right age to get a critter like this! My Mag Red convertible has all the vim and vigor you'd expect from a C5, and with more than 50,000 miles on it, it has lost nothing. I decided on the 04 C5 because it is the last of the generation you know, long and sleek with all of the bugs worked out! This car's acceleration will snap you back into your seat and give you the sense of a fighter pilot's thrill.

Great car, fun to drive
By roger on 08/07/10 10:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our 04 Coupe for over a year. It runs great, looks new, and has never had a mechanical flaw since we owned it It is a show winner, having won "best in class" at a recent car show. We belong to Myrtle Beach Car Club and enjoy the events, shows, and cruises. It has plenty of power and gets about 23 to 23 mpg on trips. Great car overall.

bitter sweet
By delano on 06/06/10 19:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for a 1 1/2 years. Don't purchase one with a removable top if you want to stay dry. I have replaced all the seals. It still leaks, radio poor, steering wheel lockout disable as soon possible.

Why didn't I buy one sooner???
By safetyman on 01/26/10 11:34 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have always wanted one,"Why did I wait so Long?" this is by far the most exciting investment I have ever made! The wife and I had been discussing the idea of buying one and she kept putting me off, she went out of town for the weekend:) you guessed it! I went out and bought the car of my dreams!still married! she actually really likes to drive it herself. I have absolutely no complaints except not enough pretty days to take the top off and just drive! since my purchase it seems like I have found a new group of friends, they all own Corvettes and like to hang out and cruise.

Wow! What A Car
By crspurch on 08/06/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Well, this is my third corvette, first a C3 - 1980, next a C4 - 1992 and now this C5. It is incredible, the improvement over the C4 is staggering. The car is a monster and handles like a dream. I wanted a convertible, but I thought I wanted a C6 because of the higher HP. However, after driving both, I decided on the C5 (2004) because I thought the interior was much nicer and roomier. I really felt the C6 interior was "cheapened" compared to the C5. Some have complained about "noise" from the run- flats, but I don't experience that problem. All in all, dollar for dollar, this is an awesome car!

Dream Car!
By gxtol on 07/14/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I'd wanted a Corvette since I first became aware of cars at 13 (in 1966!). Finally got one at age 50. Bought mine new in Spiral Gray with every possible option. Other than replacing the battery in the first month as a preventative measure and fixing the gas tank (common problem) in the first year, this car has been "bullet-proof". I live in an area where there are multiple exotics, Porsches, Ferraris, etc and my car gets as much, if not more, attention. I love it. Fast, great looking and a virtual time machine making me feel 16 again.

Original 5 year owner comments
By M.K.U. on 01/31/09 03:35 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned and driven this Corvette for almost 5 years. There is really nothing as much fun as a top down cruise in this car. This car was a daily driver for the first 2 years and then a weekend garage queen since then. No issues or problems just routine oil changes. 33,000 miles and loving every minute.