2003 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: Beyond Impressed

2003 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Beyond Impressed
By Jagrmaister on

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car during the 0% craze last year (was building a 600hp+ Mustang) but ditched that project after 10 minutes of seat time in the Z06. Hands down the most enjoyable ride I've ever taken. The black one I tried driving off the lot with crapped on me before out of dealer's sight, but the Quicksilver has held up very well and the only problem is some infamous GM paint (runs by the lower door panels), a creak here and there in the interior, and a fuel sensor gauge (fixed once, living with it now) that likes to die out. Overall performance and looks the car gets a 10/10, and I'd score it higher but might be a bit trite. Everyone deserves a Z06.

Handling. Like a 3,000lb GM go-kart for the road. Power, but you always end up getting used to it and wanting more.

More power. But not sure I like the new body style enough to dump the '03 based solely on power, though. A little better quality control would be appreciated. Still, all said, would buy another (as in 2 for more colors!)if I could afford it.