Used 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Great Ride
By philpro

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Third Corvette I've owned and by far the best. More than competent in every aspect--ride, handling and performance. The big criticism about cheap interior materials doesn't bother me a bit. Chevrolet put the good stuff under the hood and in the suspension. Gets good gas mileage for such a powerful car. Gets lots of respect on the street from other "performance cars".

Favorite Features

405 Horsepower, Active Handling, Sweet Exhaust Note, Brute Force Acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

MORE HORSEPOWER!!!

Z06 Outstanding Value
By L.Bonacchi

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

My experience has been Excellent in every way. I also took the Option "museum Delivery" ($490.00 - 2003)Which in my case was offset by destination charges (aprx $750.00)this is offset by travel- pick up expense. My only criticism was before the actual purchase NO LOCAL DEALERS (JAX FL & St.Mary's GA) Would order the car with the "museum Delivery" option ? 1 of 2 reasons for the "Volunteer chevy sevierville Tenn" Dealer purchase

Favorite Features

its fast as if its on rails. Being in the automotive industry all my have always gotten my value in used vhic. not that I would not buy new they were to costly. In the case of this car it passed all my limits

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel a manual version on Z06 for wgt savings. Reason: I'm 6'4" tall this would help me & probably others like me in head room & positioning.

2003 Z06
By ZeeeOhSix

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

After having owned numerous Corvette's I have found that the Z06 is by far the best Corvette made to date. You get your bang for the buck when buying a Z06 in that it is just as or almost as quick as cars costing $25000 or more AND it's American made. It's comfortable to drive and the buttons and switches are all easily accessible. Where else can you get a vehicle with 405 hp that gets 19 mpg city and 28 mpg hwy?

Favorite Features

If gas mileage is a feature, then this has to be #1....19 city/28fwy. Great handling and looks. Comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Being near the end of the C5 era, it's time for a body style change. The C1 body style lasted from '53-'62, C2 from '63-'67, C3 from '68-82, 'C4 from '84-'96 and C5 from '97-'94. How long will the C6 body style continue?

Another Happy Z06
By Bill's Z06

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Absolutely the best value to be found for this level of performance. A very livable car, great to drive to work or on a trip, seats two fairly comfortably and can handle enough luggage for a weekend for two.

Favorite Features

Power, Handling, Sound (engine), Shifting, Driving position and Seats

Suggested Improvements

More insulation in the drive tunnel, still gets a bit hot on the inboard leg. A bit more rear visibility

2quik4most!
By Shoecop

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Mil. Yellow and 405+HP! What a thrill! I was concerned about NOT having a disc changer; HA! All I want to hear is the wind of that LS6! I was lost in the "oldies" (SS454 etc) untill I laid on this baby! Better not turn traction control off 'till your 120+mph.

Favorite Features

H.P, Tourque, CLUTCH engagement so smoooth! Gear spacing near perfect.

Suggested Improvements

No scags! I see "brighter" wheels on '04, a little (1") lower, please.