2003 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2003 Corvette Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Sort Reviews by

Boxster to vette
By nunzio

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Had a boxster only thing I can say is WOW!!! Comfort is so muxh better. Boxster rear window was a pain to clean. I love porsche but am very impressed with vette. totally fun cars but I must say i enjory the vette better.

Favorite Features

stereo much better, more power ugh!!! man thing, seats are more comfortable!!! I have 6 speed as compared to 5 speed what fun!!

Suggested Improvements

only thing that bothers me is I have a paint chip or peel and the car is new. I will take to dealer to see if they back their paint job.

Magnetic Selective Ride Control
By Martoon

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I drove my 2003 Corvette for 2053 miles before I recevived a call from my salesman that the car was shipped from the factory with PLASTIC STUFFERS IN THE SHOCKS.When removed the car rides better then any Vette made.The service dept thought I was nuts until another Vette came in and the Prep tech found the missing paper work. Attention;Corvette Vehicle Prep Technician(Subject)New Vehicle Preparation for Megnetic Selective Ride Control.IMportant;The Stuffers must be removed during new vehicle preparation.FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN CUSTOMER DISSATISFACTION WITH THE VEHICLE'S RIDE.Who's nuts Now.

Favorite Features

Performance, ride confort looks & fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Interior, sound system

new c5 corvette
By mitchmann

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have not owned or driven a corvette for 20 yeaars,what a difference, its fast,handles great and when you start it you know its powerful,The first thing i noticed was the powerful engine growl,something i had forgot over the years from driving sedans. I love it and think it is one of the most beautiful cars on the road. The variable suspension system really makes a difference in the ride,and the heads up speed display is something every car should have.Now if I can get my wife to let me have it back everything will be fine.

Favorite Features

selectable ride, heads up display,powerful throaty engine sound. beautiful styling.

Suggested Improvements

more cup holders.

Best Buy!
By golfone

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

At present I have about 7,000 miles on a coupe bought new in Sept. 02. Avg. over 24 miles to gal. mostly freeway driving. power to spare and no problems so far. One complaint the stereo is marginal at best. Interior could be better, but fit and finish, particularly the paint is excellent, far better than past Vettes.

Favorite Features

Hatch back provides room for luggage, golf bags, etc. Excellent gas milege for a 350HP V8. Just plain fun to drive. No rattles so far

Suggested Improvements

Needs a better sound system!

spp corvette
By sheldon portnow

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

great handling, fast ,airodynamics the best i have handled in the three covettes i have owned. low depreciation factor. must be driven very defensibly because of larger vehicles around you.

Favorite Features

the power to get out of tight situations, the monoverablity. good sound engineering eliminating past problems.comfortable seating and good veiw patern.

Suggested Improvements

better computer components. have the drivers seat spin to accommodate your getting into position to drive. more shrill horn to wake up some drivers that are old and drivers that are on cell phones.

First Corvette
By Clouddreamtime

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I like my Corvette very much, however I have it in storage till winter passes in Michigan. Thus I have only driven it once since I purchased the car in December.

Favorite Features

What I have seen so far is top notch.

Suggested Improvements

Longer lap belt, Much TOO short, a safey concern. Side bags, a less expensive way to add bodyside moldings and the standard top if u wish to add later.

03 Vette
By Perry Hood

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The New Corvette is everything i thought it would be and more! It is powerful beyond belief yet refined. It is Sporty yet Stylish. It is a true sports car yet Luxurious. Plus it gets almost 20 mpg! Bravo Chevrolet! You done good, real good!

Favorite Features

I love the variable sound control for the radio. If speed up and the wind or engine gets a little louder so does the radio. Genius! Scary Fast! Power to burn...out!

Suggested Improvements

add a garage remote control integration feature so you don't have to fish out your remote from your consol every time you come home or leave home

2003 CORVETTE
By mwb1468

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

GREAT CAR. THE ONLY PROBLEM THAAT I HAVE ENCOUNTERED WAS WITH THE DRIVER'S DOOR HANDLE. WHENEVER I WAS TO RAISE THE HANDLE, IT WOULD RUB AGAINST THE HANDLE HOUSING, CAUSING THE PAINT TO RUB OFF. THE HANDLE WAS REPLACED AND I HAVE NOT HAD ANY MORE PROBLEMS. I LOVE THIS CAR.

Favorite Features

THE HEADS-UP DISPLAY IS WONDERFUL.

Suggested Improvements

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A SIX DISC IN-DASH CD PLAYER

Who says driving to the office is a bore
By Tyro

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

After careful review of the '03 M3 and CLK55.....on a fluke I looked closely at the '03 Corvette...initially the ZO6....and then the coupe....I looked closely at both models but left the dealer without driving either....only to return a few days later to drive both...and much as I loved the raw power in the ZO6...I chose a coupe with the transparent roof.....and saved $20k from not buying the CLK or the M3...and thus far.....I have no regrets and look forward to taking the longer route to the office.

Favorite Features

Transparent removable roof is great for drivers that enjoy a little sun and wind and GM made stowing the roof panel a snap....HUD seems like an option you might not care about when looking initially....then after a week or so....you rarely eyeball the gauges....

Suggested Improvements

Side air bags....larger disc rotors....ZO6 option for the coupe regardless of frame rigidity concerns....just having those 50 extra horses would be fun...

Corvette anniversary addition
By KWagATSF

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is a 2003 anniversary addition and is great to drive. The interior is bright and the seats are very comfortable. All around great automobile.

Favorite Features

Seats are verycomfortable and with the new shocks that come with this car it rides very nice.