Used 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

breathtaking performance
By jobo

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is a heartpounding thrill ride from neckbreaking start to right now stopI I own several sports cars; absolutely none better performing for the money. The Z06 Corvette would be a bargain @ $70,000.00 and sells for much less. interior appointments are not as "leathery" as I would like but the Z06 makes this up in performance. I would classify this Vette as pound for pound the best and cheapest performance car in the world.If you would like to compare this car to another expect to pay 80 to 150 k to get equivalent performance!

Favorite Features

The gas pedal!

Suggested Improvements

More leather-- shorter shift throw.

Woo Hoo!
By Jasonzo6

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

WOW! What a car! I moved up from a Grand Prix GTX and have been MIGHTILY impressed with this "race" car! Incredible speed that still scares me at times, VERY comfortable - even on an 800 mile trip back and forth from Tallahassee to Indiana - and a real joy to drive, even in daily traffic. I wouldn't recommend the 6 speed for those who have to sit in highway traffic for hours at a time (Atlanta) but it is perfect for my daily 15 minute drive back and forth to work. I STILL get comments on the Zo6 even a year and a half after purchase! It's amazing how much more peeps will pay attention to you when you drive a corvette! Go for it, you only live once!

Favorite Features

The 405HP is incredible... 0-60 in 4 seconds and performance that is untouchable in this price range. The seats are comfortable, even for my 6' 3" frame and I love the Heads-up display, a great add-on to keep your eyes on the road. I also LOVE the pop- up headlights!

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I would make would be in the radio/speaker department. I'm not a fan of the bose system and have added two 10" subs in the rear compartment to really give the bose system more uumpff. I also added a Kenwood music keg so I can play thousands of mp3's.

my first 'vette
By BluByYou

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am extremely fortunate in that my first Corvette was a new Z06. The car has met and exceeded ALL my expectations in overall performance and driving enjoyment, but you must be prepared to drive, and pay attention to your driving at all times. This is not a vehicle to drive while talking on the cell phone, putting makeup on, or, heaven forbid, reading while cruising in the right lane. Buy this car if you love to drive.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling, bang for the buck, and the Electron Blue color. EVERYONE loves it...

Suggested Improvements

Road and tire noise control (corrected in the C6, and I fixed mine w/ some Dynamat). Also, the shifter throw and feel (again, fixed myself w/ Hurst aftermarket product).

2003 Z06
By Charles Boone

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for over 1 year and 10,000 miles. This is my 2nd Corvette and 8th Sports Car. There is very little on the road that can keep up with the Z06.. stock vs. stock. The newer vipers and porsche turbos are it... under $100K. Mine is a daily driver, and is very comfortable even during rush hour. Absolutely no problems with the car... and I have not babied it. This is simply one very awesome, affordable, easy to drive rocket.

Favorite Features

Other than smashing the go pedal, the electronics package of the HUD, Traction Control, Active Handling and the Driver Information Center are fun toys to pass the time.

Suggested Improvements

How do you improve perfection??

Beyond Impressed
By Jagrmaister

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car during the 0% craze last year (was building a 600hp+ Mustang) but ditched that project after 10 minutes of seat time in the Z06. Hands down the most enjoyable ride I've ever taken. The black one I tried driving off the lot with crapped on me before out of dealer's sight, but the Quicksilver has held up very well and the only problem is some infamous GM paint (runs by the lower door panels), a creak here and there in the interior, and a fuel sensor gauge (fixed once, living with it now) that likes to die out. Overall performance and looks the car gets a 10/10, and I'd score it higher but might be a bit trite. Everyone deserves a Z06.

Favorite Features

Handling. Like a 3,000lb GM go-kart for the road. Power, but you always end up getting used to it and wanting more.

Suggested Improvements

More power. But not sure I like the new body style enough to dump the '03 based solely on power, though. A little better quality control would be appreciated. Still, all said, would buy another (as in 2 for more colors!)if I could afford it.