Used 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Most Helpful|
Got Road!
By Bajad

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

A lot of car for the money and can be overpowering if you do not watch out. Very hard to not go fast as the power is quite addicting. Like driving a Harley...you get membership in a very exclusive club status. Really like the special 50th annv. red color with the shale interior. No problems to date except that we too had the rear shipping shock stuffers left on by the dealer.

Favorite Features

Powerful V8 engine combined with stop on a dime brakes, full featured message center does everything you could want, lots of rear storage space under the hatch, great gas mpg..20+, Cool with a capital C good looks!

Suggested Improvements

More front or side storage spaces/pockets, quieter rear(loud freeway tire noise on some surfaces).

Nice Ride
By John

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

America's true sports car. This car is a dream to drive, and makes one look for any excuse to get out of the house just to cruise. One plus about owning my spiral gray vette' is how people you've never met take the time to stop and say "nice ride", and the turning of heads as you cruise down the road; truly a rush and morale builder. I normally trade cars every 1-2 years, but finally I've found a car worth keeping.

Favorite Features

Overall performance and comfort are exceptional. The HUD is great! It would be hard imagining having a sports car without one.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce road noise, which I've read can easily be done by simply changing from the factory installed run flats to another name brand such as Firestone or Michellin. A second cup holder and a change holder would be a definite plus.

50th Anniversary Vet
By CherryO

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Fabulous sports car. Seldom a day goes by without someone stopping me to comment on it. However there are days I would like to just get in my car and run to the convenience store without make-up or my hair done. This car draws so much attention that you can't do that.. This is not my weekend car. I drive it to work daily. People I have never met before say "How's the vet"? It's so fast, roomy and the heads up display is nice. The warning lights for tire pressure, fuel and low washer fluid are a definite plus. We test drove nearly every sports car on the market, including Mercedes. My husband is very "healthy". The 2003 Vet is the only car that my husband could sit in comfortably.

Favorite Features

Roomy. We can put two sets of golf clubs and two full size travel bags in the back, unbelievable. Fast. Must be careful when merging into traffic for chance of running over the person in front of you. Exterior design. No door dings. People are very respectful of your car. Gas mileage is great

Suggested Improvements

Could use one more cup holder. Noticed a slight creaking noise when driving in parking garages, but read somewhere that this is normal due to the tight suspension. Took awhile to get used to the low front end and not pull to close to curbs when parking. Not a flaw in the car design, operator error.

Kick in the seat!
By Houch

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 7th Corvette and by far the very best of the best. The early cars had the power but lacked the refinement of a daily driver.

Favorite Features

The power band is lightning fast. From zero to WOW is a matter of a very few seconds.

Suggested Improvements

The leather seems to have blemished early and I'm hopeful that some leather cleaner will fix that.

save your cash
By daniel86

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it new in 2003, garaged every winter, low millage, excellent maintenance and body care, Moved to Florida and now on the 3rd A/C compressor, had to replace the dash light for the fan indcator and the ABS Brake control modular, the battery , tires twice and I'm not a hard driver, windows leak air and water,The interior noise from the tires is one of the more madding defects in the car, Can't hear the radio or the person in the passenger seat on the HWY. I have only taken thru 1 car wash and got wet, running lights have burnt the plastic housing they are in and I replacethe blubs every other month. was my dream car, I would rather drive my truck w 288,000 mile

Favorite Features

RED

Suggested Improvements

Get the quality of the entire car in line with the price tag. Many of the problems with this car are the same that owners have been having since the C-5 came out and the factory does nothing to take care of it. abs control modulars and the fan idicator light and interior noise has been a problem for years as well as the cheap rubber for the windows and doors. Tires are flashy but worthless don't last 20,000 miles.