Used 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Z06 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (70 reviews )

Private Rocketship
By Z06MOJO

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Found my baby with only 3400 miles and in Torch Red $38,000 U.S. greenbacks later and out the door I went. This car is just flat out the quickest, fastest, most beautiful car I have ever owned. As always beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that is just fine by me and the Corvette critics are always going to be around and that's OK too. Bang for buck there are no cars that even come close to delivering the goods the way a Z06 can. Just a big ear to ear smile every time. Sure there is some road noise, interior could be a little more plush or fancy, but this car is so damn rewarding to drive that any small dislikes are dismissed with any seat time. That is why I have one in my garage

Favorite Features

The way the gas pedal makes the scenery go ''whoosh''. Great bang for buck. Love the lines of this car. It just screams ''I have a purpose and that is performance and speed'' and it just makes my day to see it parked in my garage .

Suggested Improvements

Seat (lumbar), CD player

Corvette
By Colin

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car has been my dream car for years. This Corvette still today blows most of every thing off the road. And it can be an everyday driver, without the hassle of keeping it revved up to run.

Favorite Features

The handling and braking systems are out of this world.

Suggested Improvements

Not much to improve on. Perhaps a heavier clutch.

Unbelievable
By mavvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a 2003 Z06 and what a ride! I love it. It has the best of both worlds, gas mileage and horsepower. I wish the seats were more comfortable and the sound system was better. I would have thought that in a car of this quality an mp3 player would be a standard option. Other than that, I love to drive the car and really enjoy the speed of these awesome machines. All I can say is that it is an incredible ride and I will never not own one again.

Favorite Features

The speed

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo. More noise supression. Also, you guys really need to do something about all the heat generated inside the car. It is unbelievable how hot it gets inside when you're driving the car even on a nice summer day with the windows down.

Awesome
By Bill

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Waited quite a few years to finally purchase a Vette and have not regretted it at all. This car is a lot of fun. Rides much nicer than expected.

Favorite Features

HP, HP, and more HP. Performance and handling. On long trips, using 6th gear get considerably better gas mileage than with either my minivan or SUV. The braking is outstanding as well

Suggested Improvements

Dash. Radio less Cavalier like, more upscale. Retractable or in window radio antenna (like my Camry had). I just took it off and use my ipod.

Pure Adrenaline
By Z06Stinger

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Z06 is a GREAT performance vehicle. It has great power, handling is amazing and the ride is very steady. If Chevy put this much effort into every vehicle they make, maybe they could take some of Toyota and Honda's market share. The only complaint with the drive is the brakes squeal incessantly due to excessive brake dust. The interior of the vehicle is cheaply done, although the HUD is a great touch and helps to keep your eyes on the road. One cup holder doesn't make the ladies happy and the road noise is so loud that it is impossible to do anything but drive the car. The temperature control is tempermental and I am not sure that the passenger side knob is even connected!

Favorite Features

Power, power, power and AMAZING handling in a turn. Heads up display is a great touch as are all of the various trip computers and system reports. Memory seats are great when they remember the right thing. Security feature on the vehicle actually works.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior design. This car is fun to drive - Chevy should make it fun to sit in too! Memory seats should be easier to program - sometimes they seem to have a mind of their own. Power passenger seat