Used 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Probably the best!
By B-dub

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my Z06 with 9,000 miles on the odometer. Best car I've owned. Great mpg for a car with base 405 hp. Best recorded 31.6 mpg. Some say noisy interior but with a trunk partition 80% of roadnoise gone. Hey, it's a sports car! Best bang for the buck car around. Great looks! Very quick, responsive.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, flawless.

Suggested Improvements

Seats need improvement. Lumbar support.

2003 Corvette Convertible
By Gary M Ciborowski

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Car is surprisingly comfortable to drive having come a long way from the Corvettes of the 70s and 80s. Fit and finish on my car, purchased used, is superb. Panel spacing is uniform from fender to hood to door. Doors close with solid definition. Manual top folds easily and is easy to operate without assistance. So far, rattle free. The leather seats fit me very well: the seat is just the right length and width. The seatback supports the entire length of my back with no hard spots. Power adjustments include lumbar support and this 50th Anniversary Edition has the memory option, so once you set the seat, wheel and radio preferences, they all return once you start the car.

Favorite Features

The driving position could not be better. The car is comfortable for long periods of time. Headroom with the top up is surprisingly good. The 2.73 axle ratio gives me over 28 mpg on the road. I can brake/accelerate with moving my heel from the floor. Excellent pedal positioning.

Suggested Improvements

Even with the base soft suspension the car is rough on washboard roads. This is an open road car, to be sure. The battery being directly above the main computer is a bad idea as they are noted for leaking over time, wiping out the PCM and A/C lines. A gel battery is in my future for this car.

Thrilling!
By John

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Corvette and definitely the most fun to drive. I was very surprised that the Z06 was extremely comfortable with fantastic gas mileage (18 city/28 highway) yet is is extremely fast when you turn it loose! This is one fast ride that delivers the most performance for the money spent! Go get one!

Favorite Features

Fast! Looks great! Comfortable and great gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

Great car just as it was made!

50th Anniversary Vet
By CherryO

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Fabulous sports car. Seldom a day goes by without someone stopping me to comment on it. However there are days I would like to just get in my car and run to the convenience store without make-up or my hair done. This car draws so much attention that you can't do that.. This is not my weekend car. I drive it to work daily. People I have never met before say "How's the vet"? It's so fast, roomy and the heads up display is nice. The warning lights for tire pressure, fuel and low washer fluid are a definite plus. We test drove nearly every sports car on the market, including Mercedes. My husband is very "healthy". The 2003 Vet is the only car that my husband could sit in comfortably.

Favorite Features

Roomy. We can put two sets of golf clubs and two full size travel bags in the back, unbelievable. Fast. Must be careful when merging into traffic for chance of running over the person in front of you. Exterior design. No door dings. People are very respectful of your car. Gas mileage is great

Suggested Improvements

Could use one more cup holder. Noticed a slight creaking noise when driving in parking garages, but read somewhere that this is normal due to the tight suspension. Took awhile to get used to the low front end and not pull to close to curbs when parking. Not a flaw in the car design, operator error.

2003 Coupe
By doxvet

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

As my 1st US car, I was nervous, especially with a high tech car, but it has been flawless. I have had no major issues. It performs great with minimal maintenance. You can do as much or as little as you want with this car. Cross country was very comfortable and roomy enough for 2 adults and all our gear. Middle of summer,100 degrees outside, and it was smooth sailing.

Favorite Features

All the things you buy it for: Performance, acceleration,braking power, steering responsiveness, cruise or sport suspension modes. A nice ride and a happy owner.

Suggested Improvements

My driver's door appears to ride low and scrapes the running board. GM accused me. a slim, athletic 175 pound guy, of kicking my new $50K dream machine! Cup holder is useless. The seat needs reinfocring because getting in and out usually entails some pressure on the outside of the seat back.