Used 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

save your cash
By daniel86

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it new in 2003, garaged every winter, low millage, excellent maintenance and body care, Moved to Florida and now on the 3rd A/C compressor, had to replace the dash light for the fan indcator and the ABS Brake control modular, the battery , tires twice and I'm not a hard driver, windows leak air and water,The interior noise from the tires is one of the more madding defects in the car, Can't hear the radio or the person in the passenger seat on the HWY. I have only taken thru 1 car wash and got wet, running lights have burnt the plastic housing they are in and I replacethe blubs every other month. was my dream car, I would rather drive my truck w 288,000 mile

Favorite Features

RED

Suggested Improvements

Get the quality of the entire car in line with the price tag. Many of the problems with this car are the same that owners have been having since the C-5 came out and the factory does nothing to take care of it. abs control modulars and the fan idicator light and interior noise has been a problem for years as well as the cheap rubber for the windows and doors. Tires are flashy but worthless don't last 20,000 miles.

FIRST C-5
By THE WIZARD

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

My 5th VETTE. This C-5 is truly the best one so far. Could use some interior redesign moving forward. Was able to squeeze 26.9 MPG at 75 MPH while on cruise. Very tight car so far. Like everyone else has noted, tire/road noise must be reduced in future years. Not very much to complain about yet, and I feel it will remain that way in the years to come. I sure hope GM stays in the game and continues to manufacture CORVETTES forever.

Favorite Features

Automatic transmission that smoothly delivers the power. No hesitations, just raw power transmitted to the wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Interior design. Needs usable cup holders /2/. More usable cventer console. Radio controls in steering wheel.

50th Anniversary Vet
By CherryO

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Fabulous sports car. Seldom a day goes by without someone stopping me to comment on it. However there are days I would like to just get in my car and run to the convenience store without make-up or my hair done. This car draws so much attention that you can't do that.. This is not my weekend car. I drive it to work daily. People I have never met before say "How's the vet"? It's so fast, roomy and the heads up display is nice. The warning lights for tire pressure, fuel and low washer fluid are a definite plus. We test drove nearly every sports car on the market, including Mercedes. My husband is very "healthy". The 2003 Vet is the only car that my husband could sit in comfortably.

Favorite Features

Roomy. We can put two sets of golf clubs and two full size travel bags in the back, unbelievable. Fast. Must be careful when merging into traffic for chance of running over the person in front of you. Exterior design. No door dings. People are very respectful of your car. Gas mileage is great

Suggested Improvements

Could use one more cup holder. Noticed a slight creaking noise when driving in parking garages, but read somewhere that this is normal due to the tight suspension. Took awhile to get used to the low front end and not pull to close to curbs when parking. Not a flaw in the car design, operator error.

2003 Coupe
By doxvet

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

As my 1st US car, I was nervous, especially with a high tech car, but it has been flawless. I have had no major issues. It performs great with minimal maintenance. You can do as much or as little as you want with this car. Cross country was very comfortable and roomy enough for 2 adults and all our gear. Middle of summer,100 degrees outside, and it was smooth sailing.

Favorite Features

All the things you buy it for: Performance, acceleration,braking power, steering responsiveness, cruise or sport suspension modes. A nice ride and a happy owner.

Suggested Improvements

My driver's door appears to ride low and scrapes the running board. GM accused me. a slim, athletic 175 pound guy, of kicking my new $50K dream machine! Cup holder is useless. The seat needs reinfocring because getting in and out usually entails some pressure on the outside of the seat back.

A Car With a Soul
By Dennis DeBoer

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Corvette, so I had high expectations for it. The experience has exceeded the expectations. It's a beautiful, sexy and comfortable car, and I'm glad I did it.

Favorite Features

Beautiful style and great balanced performance.

Suggested Improvements

Quieter run flat tires would be nice.