2003 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (40 reviews )
Buying a used Corvette
By crusinlou on 02/04/10 17:12 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Since I have not had this car that long I can only tell you that be aware that there is a shift from 1st to 3rd on the manual if you take off at low rpm's this is to give you better gas mileage.

2003 Corvette Convertible
By Gary M Ciborowski on 06/25/08 14:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Car is surprisingly comfortable to drive having come a long way from the Corvettes of the 70s and 80s. Fit and finish on my car, purchased used, is superb. Panel spacing is uniform from fender to hood to door. Doors close with solid definition. Manual top folds easily and is easy to operate without assistance. So far, rattle free. The leather seats fit me very well: the seat is just the right length and width. The seatback supports the entire length of my back with no hard spots. Power adjustments include lumbar support and this 50th Anniversary Edition has the memory option, so once you set the seat, wheel and radio preferences, they all return once you start the car.

Disgusted with GM, Warranty is worthless
By superb on 01/17/06 14:56 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am totally disgusted with this car and won't purchase another GM product. Corvette was alway my dream car, my dreams were shattered when I bought my brand new 50th anniversary convertible. Many problems, including a leaky roof, 3 different dealers tell me nothing is wrong. After 5 attempts they finally replaced the rubber, guess what, it still leaks. This is just one of many problems with this car. If only the warranty were worth something. I might enjoy it if they would fix it.

Are you kidding me???
By David Long on 12/18/05 15:25 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Are you kidding me? I cannot believe what a superb car the Corvette has become. My yellow, six speed, convertible does everything well. It is unbelieveably powerful, stable, comfortable, forgiving and just plan the most fun I've ever had driving a car. This is my third Corvette. I loved my '64' and my '85', but this C5 is over the top for the sheer joy of driving. Oh Nellie... What must the ZO6 be like?

Great Drive
By Great Drive on 10/25/05 23:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is incrediable. It handles wonderfully. It's fun. Best of all, it's economical and holds resale value. Every time I fire it up and go for a drive, it makes me happy. The shear power and hum of the engine is amazing. Definitely, the best vechicle purchase I've ever made.

Vetteracer's review
By vetteracer on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is an engineering and design phenomenon

50th Anniv. Corvette
By tradesboss on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car I've ever owned. To get the same features on a European sports car would cost over 100K. Anyone looking for an awesome driving experience should buy the C5 corvette. A limited number of 50th Anniversery Convertibles exist but you can still find them. This car is fanatastic to drive,ride and look at. What a pleasure to own.

50th Anniversary
By gjjdiver on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Car is everything advertised. We have enjoyed every minute behind the wheel.Looking forward to driving it Fla this winter.

Best Vette yet.
By Jim2914 on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

We took our car on a 550 mile trip and we were getting 23 mpg. I just put in 6th gear cruise control at 65mph. When we got there we felt great. To do this trip in our 62 or 69 or 73 or 78 would have been painful. Best vette yet.

Corvette Convertable
By Carloscano on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This car is AWESOME.