2003 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
2003 Z06
By lmartin5 on 10/02/13 14:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the car as a mixed use track and street car 2.5 years ago. Not sure if it is possible to get more speed per dollar while driving something that is totally OEM. Overall it is a highly capable track car wrapped in a package that is still fun to cruise around in on the street. Generally reliable with a few issues. Needed a new starter and had to re-flow the solder in the ABS module. If you don't mind the high cost of operation (brakes, gas, big tires) it is both rewarding to drive and tons of fun. Stock cooling and brakes are just barely enough for short sprints, extended track use will require work in those areas. The OEM seats are really dubious and fall back on the track.

For the money can't do any better!
By paulz06 on 05/26/13 12:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Corvette and the Z06 compared to my 2000 Coupe is in a totally different league. The Coupe was a blast and I enjoyed it to no end. It is rare living in a major city and looking forward to drive 4 wheels, but the Vettes will do that for you. My Z06 is somewhat a garage queen, but it is hard to stay away from her. This car is such a blast to drive and own I have a hard time deciding whether my Victory Kingpin or the Z06 is going to get my time. C5 Z06s can be had for as little as 19K or as high as 30K, depending upon mileage and condition. I paid 27K for mine, 8 months ago with 20K miles, GT1 wheels (4K), Corsa CatBack exhaust, and Vararam CAI, in flawless condition.

Probably the best!
By B-dub on 08/10/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my Z06 with 9,000 miles on the odometer. Best car I've owned. Great mpg for a car with base 405 hp. Best recorded 31.6 mpg. Some say noisy interior but with a trunk partition 80% of roadnoise gone. Hey, it's a sports car! Best bang for the buck car around. Great looks! Very quick, responsive.

Thrilling!
By John on 02/15/08 12:16 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Corvette and definitely the most fun to drive. I was very surprised that the Z06 was extremely comfortable with fantastic gas mileage (18 city/28 highway) yet is is extremely fast when you turn it loose! This is one fast ride that delivers the most performance for the money spent! Go get one!

Z-Oh Baby!
By Azrael on 03/23/07 14:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I must admit that this car was added to our garage to get me out of our 2002 Camaro SS that was originally purchased for my wife. I loved the LS1 F-body car so much and it got such great gas mileage that I totally forgot about my own 2001 F150 pickup and drove the Camaro everywhere. The wife wanted her car back and new I have always dreamed of owning a Corvette. Needless to say she made the appointment to go look at the car without me knowing what we were going to go look at, let alone that we were going to a car dealership. I drove the Z06 home the next day with a smile that I have been unable to erase since that day.

Private Rocketship
By Z06MOJO on 12/29/06 21:33 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Found my baby with only 3400 miles and in Torch Red $38,000 U.S. greenbacks later and out the door I went. This car is just flat out the quickest, fastest, most beautiful car I have ever owned. As always beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that is just fine by me and the Corvette critics are always going to be around and that's OK too. Bang for buck there are no cars that even come close to delivering the goods the way a Z06 can. Just a big ear to ear smile every time. Sure there is some road noise, interior could be a little more plush or fancy, but this car is so damn rewarding to drive that any small dislikes are dismissed with any seat time. That is why I have one in my garage

Corvette
By Colin on 10/17/06 00:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car has been my dream car for years. This Corvette still today blows most of every thing off the road. And it can be an everyday driver, without the hassle of keeping it revved up to run.

Unbelievable
By mavvvvvvvvvvvvvvv on 10/07/06 13:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a 2003 Z06 and what a ride! I love it. It has the best of both worlds, gas mileage and horsepower. I wish the seats were more comfortable and the sound system was better. I would have thought that in a car of this quality an mp3 player would be a standard option. Other than that, I love to drive the car and really enjoy the speed of these awesome machines. All I can say is that it is an incredible ride and I will never not own one again.

Awesome
By Bill on 09/08/06 12:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Waited quite a few years to finally purchase a Vette and have not regretted it at all. This car is a lot of fun. Rides much nicer than expected.

Pure Adrenaline
By Z06Stinger on 01/04/06 00:41 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Z06 is a GREAT performance vehicle. It has great power, handling is amazing and the ride is very steady. If Chevy put this much effort into every vehicle they make, maybe they could take some of Toyota and Honda's market share. The only complaint with the drive is the brakes squeal incessantly due to excessive brake dust. The interior of the vehicle is cheaply done, although the HUD is a great touch and helps to keep your eyes on the road. One cup holder doesn't make the ladies happy and the road noise is so loud that it is impossible to do anything but drive the car. The temperature control is tempermental and I am not sure that the passenger side knob is even connected!