2003 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
2003 Z06
By lmartin5 on 10/02/13 14:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Bought the car as a mixed use track and street car 2.5 years ago. Not sure if it is possible to get more speed per dollar while driving something that is totally OEM. Overall it is a highly capable track car wrapped in a package that is still fun to cruise around in on the street. Generally reliable with a few issues. Needed a new starter and had to re-flow the solder in the ABS module. If you don't mind the high cost of operation (brakes, gas, big tires) it is both rewarding to drive and tons of fun. Stock cooling and brakes are just barely enough for short sprints, extended track use will require work in those areas. The OEM seats are really dubious and fall back on the track.

For the money can't do any better!
By paulz06 on 05/26/13 12:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Corvette and the Z06 compared to my 2000 Coupe is in a totally different league. The Coupe was a blast and I enjoyed it to no end. It is rare living in a major city and looking forward to drive 4 wheels, but the Vettes will do that for you. My Z06 is somewhat a garage queen, but it is hard to stay away from her. This car is such a blast to drive and own I have a hard time deciding whether my Victory Kingpin or the Z06 is going to get my time. C5 Z06s can be had for as little as 19K or as high as 30K, depending upon mileage and condition. I paid 27K for mine, 8 months ago with 20K miles, GT1 wheels (4K), Corsa CatBack exhaust, and Vararam CAI, in flawless condition.

save your cash
By daniel86 on 01/05/12 17:21 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it new in 2003, garaged every winter, low millage, excellent maintenance and body care, Moved to Florida and now on the 3rd A/C compressor, had to replace the dash light for the fan indcator and the ABS Brake control modular, the battery , tires twice and I'm not a hard driver, windows leak air and water,The interior noise from the tires is one of the more madding defects in the car, Can't hear the radio or the person in the passenger seat on the HWY. I have only taken thru 1 car wash and got wet, running lights have burnt the plastic housing they are in and I replacethe blubs every other month. was my dream car, I would rather drive my truck w 288,000 mile

Buying a used Corvette
By crusinlou on 02/04/10 17:12 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Since I have not had this car that long I can only tell you that be aware that there is a shift from 1st to 3rd on the manual if you take off at low rpm's this is to give you better gas mileage.

FIRST C-5
By THE WIZARD on 09/16/09 18:47 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

My 5th VETTE. This C-5 is truly the best one so far. Could use some interior redesign moving forward. Was able to squeeze 26.9 MPG at 75 MPH while on cruise. Very tight car so far. Like everyone else has noted, tire/road noise must be reduced in future years. Not very much to complain about yet, and I feel it will remain that way in the years to come. I sure hope GM stays in the game and continues to manufacture CORVETTES forever.

Probably the best!
By B-dub on 08/10/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my Z06 with 9,000 miles on the odometer. Best car I've owned. Great mpg for a car with base 405 hp. Best recorded 31.6 mpg. Some say noisy interior but with a trunk partition 80% of roadnoise gone. Hey, it's a sports car! Best bang for the buck car around. Great looks! Very quick, responsive.

2003 Corvette Convertible
By Gary M Ciborowski on 06/25/08 14:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Car is surprisingly comfortable to drive having come a long way from the Corvettes of the 70s and 80s. Fit and finish on my car, purchased used, is superb. Panel spacing is uniform from fender to hood to door. Doors close with solid definition. Manual top folds easily and is easy to operate without assistance. So far, rattle free. The leather seats fit me very well: the seat is just the right length and width. The seatback supports the entire length of my back with no hard spots. Power adjustments include lumbar support and this 50th Anniversary Edition has the memory option, so once you set the seat, wheel and radio preferences, they all return once you start the car.

Thrilling!
By John on 02/15/08 12:16 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Corvette and definitely the most fun to drive. I was very surprised that the Z06 was extremely comfortable with fantastic gas mileage (18 city/28 highway) yet is is extremely fast when you turn it loose! This is one fast ride that delivers the most performance for the money spent! Go get one!

50th Anniversary Vet
By CherryO on 09/30/07 09:24 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Fabulous sports car. Seldom a day goes by without someone stopping me to comment on it. However there are days I would like to just get in my car and run to the convenience store without make-up or my hair done. This car draws so much attention that you can't do that.. This is not my weekend car. I drive it to work daily. People I have never met before say "How's the vet"? It's so fast, roomy and the heads up display is nice. The warning lights for tire pressure, fuel and low washer fluid are a definite plus. We test drove nearly every sports car on the market, including Mercedes. My husband is very "healthy". The 2003 Vet is the only car that my husband could sit in comfortably.

2003 Coupe
By doxvet on 06/28/07 08:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

As my 1st US car, I was nervous, especially with a high tech car, but it has been flawless. I have had no major issues. It performs great with minimal maintenance. You can do as much or as little as you want with this car. Cross country was very comfortable and roomy enough for 2 adults and all our gear. Middle of summer,100 degrees outside, and it was smooth sailing.