C5 is a True Driving Machine
By Yvette on
2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)
I purchased my dream C5, a yellow convertible with a white top and red seats without ever driving it based purely on specifications and styling. Driving it the last 4 years & 9 months has been a blast. It is just as exciting today as it was then. I have driven many cars from all manufacturers except the expensive exotics ala Ferrari and Lamborghini and nothing compares to the Corvette. The car has been perfect except for replacing the battery & O2 sensor. I drive it hard and fast eight months out of the year. It's been a total thrill. Every time I finish a drive, I feel such exhilaration that I want to jump out like Speed Racer. I'm a woman driver that'll never. I need a C6.
Favorite Features
Favorite features include all driving dynamics of the vehicle: power, braking, turning, acceleration and road stability at high speeds on curves or straight aways. Styling is sweet. HUD is a must for fast driving. Power tilt & telecoping steering is great for short drivers & optimum driving position
Suggested Improvements
I drove a C6 for three weeks and put 4,500 miles on the car during that time period. I can say that the C6 basically captured all improvements I'd recommend: Improved road isolation from both noise and bumps, interior noise reduction,and improved interior styling.