2002 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: Fun beyond your wildest dreams

2002 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Fun beyond your wildest dreams
By StArrow68 on

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Interesting thing is that I never thought I'd own a Corvette, not on my radar. However, when looking to replace a daily driver it turned out to have major advantage, I fit. At 6'3" it is surprising how many cars I can't either get into or sit in comfortably, notably the XK8. The C5 at least in it's later years is a bullet proof touring dream. Loads of room, great mileage on the highway with the 6 sp and my wife noted how comfortable it was on it trip home, 1350 miles to get back to CA where none of the dealers would go below MSRP at the time.

Performance is amazing, leading to several driving classes. Heads up display once you get a day with it is truly much safer than looking down to dash area. Stability Control or Active Handling is a must in a new car if you want active safety.

As noted by others, 2nd cup holder in the C6 means GM is listening. 400 HP will be nice in the future, too.