Used 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Consumer Reviews

Z06 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (43 reviews )

Amazing
By geo

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first corvette, but I have been around them and driven many different models. I must say the C5 is the best one yet. The Z06 has superb handling and ridiculous amounts of HP. Hold down the active handling button for five seconds and put her into competition mode and flex the true V-8 power.

Quad tip titanium exhaust gives a throaty, but not overpowering sound. Heads up display should a standard on all cars hwat a great idea I never have to look down always keeping my eyes on the road.

Radio! 50K for a car and you are still stuck with a gigantic delco system. Speakers are great, but head unit had to be changed. Also why not make all the pedals metal, clutch and brake are aluminum, but you still have a plastic gas pedal.

1Fun Z06
By 1Fun Z06

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first vette and a Z06 at that. It's my daily driver and I've had it 8 months. It's like being at Disney World every day. Never had so much fun driving. I can pass 99% of cars at will and it's a beautiful car also. I call it my "stress-buster". After a tough day at work, I just have fun on the way home. Never knew driving could be such fun. Worth every penny!

Power

Brake pads with less dusting. Tires with better performance in the rain. Better audio for a $50,000 car

A true American
By Bear & Carol

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I sought the ZO6 for what it is. Sprots car. Since it has no insulation (weight) and even a thinner window that the other models (weight), I know that I would give some comfort over the coupe. I got what I exepted. A highy engineered sports car that competes easily with cars costing 400% more. The engine is truly a mavel. Has a single cam and two valves per cylinder for effency, reliability and lower rotating mass. Over 400 foot pounds of torque and 28 miles per gallon tell the story there. The quality and thought that went into this car shows it's fifty years of engineering. The more I find out about this car, the better it gets.

Watching your tail-gater as you enter an exit ramp at 1g. Feeling the pressure on your eye sockets durring an emergency stop. Pulling out in traffic no matter what their speed.

Remove the cup holder to reduce the whining noises.

What a ride
By eddie44

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned my convertible for four months. What a ride! HP,handling,comfort and style. What more could you ask for? I have 6500 miles in 4 months. Does that say enough?

HP and Performance with Style!

Interior could be upgraded, but not a expense of performance. I didn't buy it for the interior.

2002 zo6
By joko

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love my Zo6 as most owners do , The most performance for the buck by a long shot

The engine!!