Used 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Vette the Best
By mickeyalso

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

There is nothing to compare in Europe or Japan as far as price, performance, and just planin darn fun. Handles and accelerates like a bat out of hell. Looks better than Ferraris, Porsches, Nissans aren't even close. Buy American, cause its the best.

Bone jarring/neck snapping acceleration on demand, a sedate cruiser when needed.

There's no such thing as too much power.

ZO6
By rcap

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Corvette ZO6 is a dream come true. Of course mine is red. I am 6'-5" and its comfortable. I also own a 1996 Impala SS and the difference is like night and day. But that differnece is waht makes owning both cars so enjoyable. I can either "cruise on auto" in the Impala or stay "wide-eyed" driving the 6 speed Vette. I purchased both new and still paid less than a Porsche -- and have much more fun.

The engine's torque is awesome and it never gets tired. I am amazed at the gas mileage being so good with this level of power. The sound of the exhaust is so good I never use the radio.

At the price Chevy sells these ofr who can complain? If I want a great interior I can fork over an extra $30K for a Porsche. I'd rather save my cash and look at some plastic.

2002 Z06—Better Than You Think…
By n938b

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The 405 hp Z06 is a terrific car. No fan of the Corvette since mid-year Stingrays, my first drive in a C5 changed my opinion instantly. Solid without the cowl shake, squeaks, and rattles of the past. Low sills, analog dash, comfortable seats. But it was the greatly improved rigidity that made me a believer that Chevrolet finally got the car right… or close to it. If you haven't driven one, don't let old perceptions preclude consideration of this terrific performing automobile.

The small block is incredible. 405 hp provides heart-stopping acceleration, yet is forgiving in town and on the highway. On a 7-hour trip from Elkhart Lake, WI, I averaged 30.4 mpg with A/C and cruise set just below 70 mph. Stability control and traction control are seemless.

The car needs an interior. The radio is the same one used in S-10 pickups. A 4-speaker stereo is okay, but it's hardly state of the art. How about a garage-door openers, satellite radio, OnStar, and side airbags would provide value to a great car.

JIMMY
By lONGVAL

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

IT IS AWESOME WITH EXTREME POWER. ITS INTERIOR IS WELL DONE WITH MANY USER FRIENDLY FEATURES

POWER

NONE

Bad Ride
By Kingtiger

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 22nd Corvette. My '66 427 was not near the league the performance of this Vette is in. This is the most perfectly balanced sports car I have ever owned, Ferarri's included. The rev limiter needs to be about 7,000 rpm's to really make the car scream, but an absolute joy to drive. Life is too short people, get one and never settle just to be settling. What a blast!

Brutal acceleration, great handling and docile in traffic until unleased, then overpowering to all contenders in the hands of an experienced driver.

rev limiter increase before cut off engages