2002 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
USA Fun Drop Top
By labigdogs on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

A great American Car all for about $50g's. It is worth it! Love my Triple Black... Red lights are not the same!

FINALLY - A true AMERICAN sportscar!
By Donna on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Corvette. My first was a 98 automatic coupe which I loved. The 02 is a 6 speed convertible which is just awesome! I love the top down driving so much more than the wind buffetting coupe.

If only..............
By dakota on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The car is an absolute joy to drive. Abundant power, adequate creature comforts and stunning performance/handling. Unfortunately it burns oil. 1qt for every 1500 miles. If GM could only address this problem without the need to 'prove' that it is happening.

Paul's review
By ptankers on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Absolutely no problems with this vehicle--quiet for a convertible. Incredible performance form a pushrod V8. I had a 540i BMW befpre. No comparison to the corvette in performance of my experience so far with quality.

Keep them coming
By Al Knox on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Although I have only had this car for 5 weeks, I can honestly say I was not disappointed in it's performance. It is all I had hoped it would be as far as handling, driveability, looks and comfort. It is definatly a better choice than other sports coupes in this price range (Boxster, Z3 etc.) The only issue I have is the dealer installed CD changer was very sensitive to road imperfections. The new one they replaced it with is better but I am still not sure if it should be that way. This is a minor thing when you consider the whole package and what a blast it is driving this true american experience.

Corvette is the King of the Road
By VAVetMan on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best automotive purchase ever made. Great handling and engine performance is second to none. Before I bought my Corvette driving was a chore but now it's a pleasure. Will always own a Corvette the rest of my life.

A Great " American Classic"
By Big "D" on 03/15/02 21:42 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

What a great car to own. Love to drive it more than my BMW's. I am impressed with it's looks, handling and power. This car can compete and beat the Europeans. What a great "American Classic.", and I am proud to have one. Corvette is truly a "Winner."

Great Car, Bad Dealer Support
By sbarer on 03/14/02 23:01 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Corvette Convertible offers a level of technology, performance, style and substance that extends far beyond its price tag. While some technofiles might blab for hours about the Corvette's engine datasheet shortcomings, such as a lack of multiple valves and varible valve timing, on the road, where it counts, the LS1 shows that even OHV engines benefit from high tech in the form of never-ending power, 33mpg range and bullet-proof quality. Good looks on the outside. The best gauge cluster on the market inside. Although seats and interior fit disappointing.

owner
By rolf hofmann on 03/06/02 21:21 PM (PST)

thumbs ups

Great Sports Car
By blu pil on 02/26/02 08:51 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I retired from working for the same company after 31 years. I wanted a sports car and the corvette was the best value and had the right image for me. Its been a surprise to drive and own, very fast and confortable, great gas milage. Except for those rough Louisiana roads, its a pleasure to drive.