2002 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Dream Machine
By RGH on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Driving the 2002 Corvette 6 spd Convertible is the best automotive experience I have ever had the priviledge to experience.Exhilirating acceleration, tight cornering, smooth ride and exceptional feel in a visual package shared by only a few of the elite sports cars in the world. Add to that the fun of Corvette forums, clubs, road rallies, aftermarket equipment, clothing and plenty of helpful advice and one purchases a complete recreational package that no other car can compare with. It is truly awesome.

ZO6
By rcap on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Corvette ZO6 is a dream come true. Of course mine is red. I am 6'-5" and its comfortable. I also own a 1996 Impala SS and the difference is like night and day. But that differnece is waht makes owning both cars so enjoyable. I can either "cruise on auto" in the Impala or stay "wide-eyed" driving the 6 speed Vette. I purchased both new and still paid less than a Porsche -- and have much more fun.

Fun beyond your wildest dreams
By StArrow68 on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Interesting thing is that I never thought I'd own a Corvette, not on my radar. However, when looking to replace a daily driver it turned out to have major advantage, I fit. At 6'3" it is surprising how many cars I can't either get into or sit in comfortably, notably the XK8. The C5 at least in it's later years is a bullet proof touring dream. Loads of room, great mileage on the highway with the 6 sp and my wife noted how comfortable it was on it trip home, 1350 miles to get back to CA where none of the dealers would go below MSRP at the time.

2002 Z06¬óBetter Than You Think¬Ö
By n938b on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The 405 hp Z06 is a terrific car. No fan of the Corvette since mid-year Stingrays, my first drive in a C5 changed my opinion instantly. Solid without the cowl shake, squeaks, and rattles of the past. Low sills, analog dash, comfortable seats. But it was the greatly improved rigidity that made me a believer that Chevrolet finally got the car right¬Ö or close to it. If you haven't driven one, don't let old perceptions preclude consideration of this terrific performing automobile.

JIMMY
By lONGVAL on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

IT IS AWESOME WITH EXTREME POWER. ITS INTERIOR IS WELL DONE WITH MANY USER FRIENDLY FEATURES

My 2002 Triple black Convertible
By sici on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was lucky enough not only to participate in the 50th Anniversary Corvette Caravan to Bowling Green and Nashville on June 26th. and 27th. 2003. I also was able to participate in the five "hot laps" at Atlanta Motor Speedway on June 25th, 2003. At first I was leery of pushing the car but my Corvette was able to push through and sustain 135 mph around the entire track (1.54 mi) without any shakes, shudders, shimmies or any other anomalies that would decrease my confidence in the car's handling the high speed. She was very capable of going much faster but, the driver was not. THIS IS A GREAT CAR!!

Speed and awe !
By Rajoo Venkat on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Time came to get a new car, just went and got a Yellow Vette. Did'nt even bother looking at another car or color. Truly the American Dream Car. Regret is that I waited this long. Best thrill is to drive down highway on ramps at full throttle and hit 65 in second gear. The only car I know that looks as good as it drives.

Bad Ride
By Kingtiger on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 22nd Corvette. My '66 427 was not near the league the performance of this Vette is in. This is the most perfectly balanced sports car I have ever owned, Ferarri's included. The rev limiter needs to be about 7,000 rpm's to really make the car scream, but an absolute joy to drive. Life is too short people, get one and never settle just to be settling. What a blast!

Amazing
By geo on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first corvette, but I have been around them and driven many different models. I must say the C5 is the best one yet. The Z06 has superb handling and ridiculous amounts of HP. Hold down the active handling button for five seconds and put her into competition mode and flex the true V-8 power.

Corvette get's top marks
By Toyz on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

At two years now and every day is like the first. Fun to drive, great performance and total reliability.