Used 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

My Red Rocket Toy
By Chuck

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this 2002 Z06 in Oct. of 2001 and it gets just under 2000 miles a year put on it and is garaged whenever it is not driven. It has been in the rain twice and never in snow. This was a dream car for me for a long time and I love just about everything in any category with this car. It is a blast to drive for both power and handling! And the fuel economy really impresses me for an engine with 405 horsepower. This car will be in my family for a long time!

The massive power, handling and really cool growl of the exhaust should tell anyone that this car has some serious power going on here. Also think the H.U.D. is very cool just like a fighter jet. It really is a neat car to me!

I would like to see some minor things offered for tweaking just a bit more power out of the engine, such as reprogramming the E-prom, and some extensive testing on aftermarket ram air intake systems such as the Vararam ducted system and just how much more power this can make. Still love it.

Keep them coming
By Andy

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this Z-06 against my better judgement, especially after owning 2 wonderful 911 Carreras. Well, now I'm hooked and ain't returning to Ferdinand's best, for a long while. It's incredible how much more I would have to pay to get this amount of performance (and joy) out of another option. It does everything effortlessly. Scary at first when pushing it (read: torque master). I strongly recommend spending some time at a local track learning the in/outs of the performace envelope and borderline. This could prove very rewarding and definitely satisfying to those willing to experiment the threshold limits.

Outstanding performance, power, handling, braking, frugal at gas station when not pushing it. Excellent all day driver. Drive weekdays and race on weekends attitude. Does this thing ever break down? The active control saved my ego (and perhaps my life) a couple of times. Use it !

Better material quality in the interiors would help. A bit noisy on the road. Just increase music level.

C5 is a True Driving Machine
By Yvette

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my dream C5, a yellow convertible with a white top and red seats without ever driving it based purely on specifications and styling. Driving it the last 4 years & 9 months has been a blast. It is just as exciting today as it was then. I have driven many cars from all manufacturers except the expensive exotics ala Ferrari and Lamborghini and nothing compares to the Corvette. The car has been perfect except for replacing the battery & O2 sensor. I drive it hard and fast eight months out of the year. It's been a total thrill. Every time I finish a drive, I feel such exhilaration that I want to jump out like Speed Racer. I'm a woman driver that'll never. I need a C6.

Favorite features include all driving dynamics of the vehicle: power, braking, turning, acceleration and road stability at high speeds on curves or straight aways. Styling is sweet. HUD is a must for fast driving. Power tilt & telecoping steering is great for short drivers & optimum driving position

I drove a C6 for three weeks and put 4,500 miles on the car during that time period. I can say that the C6 basically captured all improvements I'd recommend: Improved road isolation from both noise and bumps, interior noise reduction,and improved interior styling.

Love it
By rollie

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Having owned a few Vette converts '58,'61,'66,'67,'71,'75,'87, '95,'98 .. I loved everyone. When I turned 65 I wanted one for keeps. The '02 Flame Red convert I now have is the best. Not one problem since I bought it. Keeps me feeling young and the gals love it.

The auto tranny, handling, Bose Radio, super A/C, sleek looks and affordable price. I'm 6'5" and have loads of leg room.

Can't think of one except the lousy Goodyears that came with it. Threw them away and much happier with Firehawks.

Can't touch this for the price
By bcarnalis

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Are there better sports cars in the world? Yes, certainly. Are there better ones for less than twice the price of the Z06? That is much less clear. This car is a performance monster, in all regards. It isn't just a straight line car, but will corner with Ferraris and brake with Porsches, and do it all for 1/2 to 1/3 of the cost. Of course you pay for this in terms of quality of the interior materials, which do not match Porsche and Ferrari. But if you just want to hang with your buddy's F360 on the track, this car will do it right out of the showroom. And it has a heads-up display!

The engine. Sounds wicked. 30 MPG highway, 24 in mixed commuting. Exotic performance with daily-driver livability. Heads up display!

Interior is ergonomically good, but uses cheap plastics. Could improve materials. Could use storage doodads such as map pockets. Don't completely trust Chevy dealerships.