Used 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Consumer Reviews

Z06 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (43 reviews )

2002 Red Z06 bought new in 2/02
By Z06 torch

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've thoroughly enjoyed my z06. Fun to drive, comfortable, fast & a great handling car with all the comforts. My favorite "passenger scare" is the 270 degree on ramps here in SoCal! Build quality on exterior is excellent. (AND if you care!: Gas mileage is exceptional on the fwy ...between 27 & 30 depending upon speed). I have had the car in for work...mainly interior problems. I'm also on my 4th battery. I also changed the shifter the 2nd month I owned the car. Overall I'd say it's had less problems than MOST vehicles.

Beautiful exterior, impressive engine compartment, Heads up display, Easy to locate interior features (good ergonomics), Comfort for my 6'4" frame, performance, handling (active handling), pop up headlights, extensive D.I.C. (digital display of vitals)

Improve quality of interior pieces, better leather on seats. Trunk area & area behind seats need refinement, Original shifter was a LONG throw & sloppy, A telescoping steering wheel would be a +, Both dealers I used for warranty repair I had problems with. Chevy needs better follow up after purchase

Red Rocket
By sdz06

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this car since new. It is the second Corvette that I've owned. The car is extremely fun to drive, handling and acceleration of this car exceeds most driver's abilities. The ride is surprisingly good for such a high performing sports car.

Handling and acceleration

Not good for trying to talk on a cell phone. This car sounds like a sports car. For weight savings, chevy left out the sound proofing. Good when you want to hear the 405 horses working.

Fun
By BABS

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible car. Fun to drive, powerful. Great gas mileage considering performance and incredible stopping power.

It would be nice if the seats were made of better material and were more comfortable

My Red Rocket Toy
By Chuck

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this 2002 Z06 in Oct. of 2001 and it gets just under 2000 miles a year put on it and is garaged whenever it is not driven. It has been in the rain twice and never in snow. This was a dream car for me for a long time and I love just about everything in any category with this car. It is a blast to drive for both power and handling! And the fuel economy really impresses me for an engine with 405 horsepower. This car will be in my family for a long time!

The massive power, handling and really cool growl of the exhaust should tell anyone that this car has some serious power going on here. Also think the H.U.D. is very cool just like a fighter jet. It really is a neat car to me!

I would like to see some minor things offered for tweaking just a bit more power out of the engine, such as reprogramming the E-prom, and some extensive testing on aftermarket ram air intake systems such as the Vararam ducted system and just how much more power this can make. Still love it.

Keep them coming
By Andy

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this Z-06 against my better judgement, especially after owning 2 wonderful 911 Carreras. Well, now I'm hooked and ain't returning to Ferdinand's best, for a long while. It's incredible how much more I would have to pay to get this amount of performance (and joy) out of another option. It does everything effortlessly. Scary at first when pushing it (read: torque master). I strongly recommend spending some time at a local track learning the in/outs of the performace envelope and borderline. This could prove very rewarding and definitely satisfying to those willing to experiment the threshold limits.

Outstanding performance, power, handling, braking, frugal at gas station when not pushing it. Excellent all day driver. Drive weekdays and race on weekends attitude. Does this thing ever break down? The active control saved my ego (and perhaps my life) a couple of times. Use it !

Better material quality in the interiors would help. A bit noisy on the road. Just increase music level.