Used 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )

Excellent Car
By Robert

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

What it is like on a daily basis? I love my Z06. It accelerates like a bat out of hell and handles like excellently. Fun with a special passenger, if you know what I mean. I doesn't have too much bs electrical usb, touch screen gizmoid crap; but it has a heads up display that makes you feel like you might be piloting an F16. A/C is terrible, but why would you want to keep the windows rolled up? Very fuel efficient I some how mustered 21 mpg average, same as my v6 Impala. Great car if you like listening to George Thorogood thru its Bose speakers. You are most definitely faster than 95% of the cars on the road, so you will be too cool for street racing. Cops leave you alone, usually, and insurance is cheapish. Maintenance? Change oil, clutch fluid, tranny fluid, coolant, power steering fluid like any other car. Tires can be spendy if your a dingus and "Have to have the originals!" buy some tires like falken and you'll be good to go. VALVE SPRINGS. If you buy a 2002 Z06, replace these immediately if you don't know if they have been replaced or your life will suck for a while. I shattered one at 42,000 miles and I had to replace all my valve springs, MAF sensor, o2 sensors, catalytic converters, and spark plugs. It could have possibly been worse, thankfully the valve keeper did not fall. Otherwise it has been very reliable.

Mid Life Toy
By proper

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Always wanted a Corvette, almost bought a 1995 with 50K but it was beat and abused. Found this 2002 Convertible, good price, low mileage. Fell in love almost immediately. Great Looks and acceleration, a real classy looking sportscar. For a car 12 years old it looks better than most cars its age. Everything works inside. Noticed some wear on the outside edge of the drivers seat due no doubt to how you have to get in and out of this low slung beauty. Engine runs smooth and flawlessly on the highway. Headlights could be brighter as well as the daylight running lights but all in all this is a great car.

Interior layout, Corvette Emblems in strategic places, Convertible top cowling, under the hood, etc. Engine Performance.

Multi CD Disc Player (Single Disc Player, Really????) No cheap plastic (Cup Holder, ashtray door, etc.) Bigger center console.

I love by Electron Blue, white top Vette
By blueberry

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is freedom. I bought it to use in parades as well as have the time of my life at 66. The car handles like a dream, the top is a no brainer and easy to get down. Lots of trunk room for a sports car. And does it get the comments!

The car in and of its self is its best feature but I love the 10 disk changer in the trunk. The Bose system is dynomite. Speed and preformance are perfect and it loves the 318 turns in 11 miles on the Tail of the Dragon in NC

The drivers set has this crazy wing in the middle with a spring in it right were you put your hand to get out. The seat is wearing at that spot. And the usual grip of only one cup holder.Seat belts could be a bit longer. Lots of big guys drive these and the belts are short!

C5 is a True Driving Machine
By Yvette

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my dream C5, a yellow convertible with a white top and red seats without ever driving it based purely on specifications and styling. Driving it the last 4 years & 9 months has been a blast. It is just as exciting today as it was then. I have driven many cars from all manufacturers except the expensive exotics ala Ferrari and Lamborghini and nothing compares to the Corvette. The car has been perfect except for replacing the battery & O2 sensor. I drive it hard and fast eight months out of the year. It's been a total thrill. Every time I finish a drive, I feel such exhilaration that I want to jump out like Speed Racer. I'm a woman driver that'll never. I need a C6.

Favorite features include all driving dynamics of the vehicle: power, braking, turning, acceleration and road stability at high speeds on curves or straight aways. Styling is sweet. HUD is a must for fast driving. Power tilt & telecoping steering is great for short drivers & optimum driving position

I drove a C6 for three weeks and put 4,500 miles on the car during that time period. I can say that the C6 basically captured all improvements I'd recommend: Improved road isolation from both noise and bumps, interior noise reduction,and improved interior styling.

Love it
By rollie

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Having owned a few Vette converts '58,'61,'66,'67,'71,'75,'87, '95,'98 .. I loved everyone. When I turned 65 I wanted one for keeps. The '02 Flame Red convert I now have is the best. Not one problem since I bought it. Keeps me feeling young and the gals love it.

The auto tranny, handling, Bose Radio, super A/C, sleek looks and affordable price. I'm 6'5" and have loads of leg room.

Can't think of one except the lousy Goodyears that came with it. Threw them away and much happier with Firehawks.