2002 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
2002 Red Z06 bought new in 2/02
By Z06 torch on 12/04/09 18:59 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've thoroughly enjoyed my z06. Fun to drive, comfortable, fast & a great handling car with all the comforts. My favorite "passenger scare" is the 270 degree on ramps here in SoCal! Build quality on exterior is excellent. (AND if you care!: Gas mileage is exceptional on the fwy ...between 27 & 30 depending upon speed). I have had the car in for work...mainly interior problems. I'm also on my 4th battery. I also changed the shifter the 2nd month I owned the car. Overall I'd say it's had less problems than MOST vehicles.

Red Rocket
By sdz06 on 06/01/09 09:38 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this car since new. It is the second Corvette that I've owned. The car is extremely fun to drive, handling and acceleration of this car exceeds most driver's abilities. The ride is surprisingly good for such a high performing sports car.

Fun
By BABS on 06/26/07 06:19 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible car. Fun to drive, powerful. Great gas mileage considering performance and incredible stopping power.

My Red Rocket Toy
By Chuck on 03/07/07 18:02 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this 2002 Z06 in Oct. of 2001 and it gets just under 2000 miles a year put on it and is garaged whenever it is not driven. It has been in the rain twice and never in snow. This was a dream car for me for a long time and I love just about everything in any category with this car. It is a blast to drive for both power and handling! And the fuel economy really impresses me for an engine with 405 horsepower. This car will be in my family for a long time!

Keep them coming
By Andy on 01/03/07 18:26 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this Z-06 against my better judgement, especially after owning 2 wonderful 911 Carreras. Well, now I'm hooked and ain't returning to Ferdinand's best, for a long while. It's incredible how much more I would have to pay to get this amount of performance (and joy) out of another option. It does everything effortlessly. Scary at first when pushing it (read: torque master). I strongly recommend spending some time at a local track learning the in/outs of the performace envelope and borderline. This could prove very rewarding and definitely satisfying to those willing to experiment the threshold limits.

Can't touch this for the price
By bcarnalis on 08/07/05 12:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Are there better sports cars in the world? Yes, certainly. Are there better ones for less than twice the price of the Z06? That is much less clear. This car is a performance monster, in all regards. It isn't just a straight line car, but will corner with Ferraris and brake with Porsches, and do it all for 1/2 to 1/3 of the cost. Of course you pay for this in terms of quality of the interior materials, which do not match Porsche and Ferrari. But if you just want to hang with your buddy's F360 on the track, this car will do it right out of the showroom. And it has a heads-up display!

Consider one for your next car!
By JLH on 06/19/05 13:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

If you are looking for a perfomance car in the $35,000 range, this is your car. Seriously, go drive one before you buy something else. In my opinion, moving up in price from the Z06 only seems to buy exclusivity. Consumer Reports doesn't rate the reliability well, so I got mine at Carmaxx with an extended warranty until 2009. My mileage is nearing 26,000 and I haven't needed the warranty yet. A Z06 is only about 200lb heavier than a Porsche Boxter but has 140 more hp, is 250lb lighter than an M3 (but has 75 more hp) and 400lb lighter than a Viper, but just slightly less hp. Supercharger kits put the C5 hp at 550 for about $7,000. The C5 drivetrain is reportedly reliable to 700hp.

Hard to Beat!
By Lee Whitney on 06/04/05 01:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

For the money, the 02 Z06 is hard to beat! Performance is right up there with exotics that cost way more. My only real complaint is the slight amount of "orange peel" in the paint and they could have used better quality leather in the seats. On a trip, I got 30 miles per gal with the Z06 in 6th gear and the cruise control set at about73 mph.Not bad for a 405 HP hot rod.I recent put a Vortech (smog legal) supercharger on my Z06 and it's now putting out over 560 (reliable)HP at the crank and it still gets over 27 miles per gal. It's a real animal and should be able to stay right with the new 2006 (500 hp) Z06. Even with the blower, I am extremely happy with the durablity and reliablity of my Z06.

Daily sports driver
By FN Lawyer on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

After owning 2 Porsche Carreras in a row, it was with great reluctance that i viewed the Z06 as an alternative. Yet, the press kept heralding its performance prowess, and new found reliability. Went to a dealer for a test drive, my mistake. How could it actually better a Carrera? Well, after 2 years, it simply does. It still hangs tight, no chassis noises, brakes better, accelerates and outcorners better, and i still can't believe the gas mileage. No, it doesn't enjoy same interior design and quality, what a shame, wouldn't mind paying an extra 2k for them. Yet, it's roomy and more comfortable than it seems. I don't think i'll be going back to Porsche.

no substitute for horsepower
By rdwb5 on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car simply rocks. Performance, ride, handling, and looks can't be beat. Breathtaking acceleration and mind numbing ability to stop on a dime.

1 2 3 4 5 next »