Used 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Mid Life Toy
By proper

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Always wanted a Corvette, almost bought a 1995 with 50K but it was beat and abused. Found this 2002 Convertible, good price, low mileage. Fell in love almost immediately. Great Looks and acceleration, a real classy looking sportscar. For a car 12 years old it looks better than most cars its age. Everything works inside. Noticed some wear on the outside edge of the drivers seat due no doubt to how you have to get in and out of this low slung beauty. Engine runs smooth and flawlessly on the highway. Headlights could be brighter as well as the daylight running lights but all in all this is a great car.

Favorite Features

Interior layout, Corvette Emblems in strategic places, Convertible top cowling, under the hood, etc. Engine Performance.

Suggested Improvements

Multi CD Disc Player (Single Disc Player, Really????) No cheap plastic (Cup Holder, ashtray door, etc.) Bigger center console.

2002 Red Z06 bought new in 2/02
By Z06 torch

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've thoroughly enjoyed my z06. Fun to drive, comfortable, fast & a great handling car with all the comforts. My favorite "passenger scare" is the 270 degree on ramps here in SoCal! Build quality on exterior is excellent. (AND if you care!: Gas mileage is exceptional on the fwy ...between 27 & 30 depending upon speed). I have had the car in for work...mainly interior problems. I'm also on my 4th battery. I also changed the shifter the 2nd month I owned the car. Overall I'd say it's had less problems than MOST vehicles.

Favorite Features

Beautiful exterior, impressive engine compartment, Heads up display, Easy to locate interior features (good ergonomics), Comfort for my 6'4" frame, performance, handling (active handling), pop up headlights, extensive D.I.C. (digital display of vitals)

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality of interior pieces, better leather on seats. Trunk area & area behind seats need refinement, Original shifter was a LONG throw & sloppy, A telescoping steering wheel would be a +, Both dealers I used for warranty repair I had problems with. Chevy needs better follow up after purchase

Red Rocket
By sdz06

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this car since new. It is the second Corvette that I've owned. The car is extremely fun to drive, handling and acceleration of this car exceeds most driver's abilities. The ride is surprisingly good for such a high performing sports car.

Favorite Features

Handling and acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Not good for trying to talk on a cell phone. This car sounds like a sports car. For weight savings, chevy left out the sound proofing. Good when you want to hear the 405 horses working.

I love by Electron Blue, white top Vette
By blueberry

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is freedom. I bought it to use in parades as well as have the time of my life at 66. The car handles like a dream, the top is a no brainer and easy to get down. Lots of trunk room for a sports car. And does it get the comments!

Favorite Features

The car in and of its self is its best feature but I love the 10 disk changer in the trunk. The Bose system is dynomite. Speed and preformance are perfect and it loves the 318 turns in 11 miles on the Tail of the Dragon in NC

Suggested Improvements

The drivers set has this crazy wing in the middle with a spring in it right were you put your hand to get out. The seat is wearing at that spot. And the usual grip of only one cup holder.Seat belts could be a bit longer. Lots of big guys drive these and the belts are short!

Should be faster
By corvettekid

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a black 2002 auto transmission Corvette with 33,000 miles on it (I wanted a manual, but my left knee is too messed up). I love the car, but it seems like she loses power after hard acceleration a few times in a row. Also, I think the voltage regulator is bad cause sometimes it drops down to 12.3 when I am driving and it also jumps up and down a lot when I step on the brakes. For the car having 350 HP it doesn't feel very fast to me except for when it is first started in the morning. Other than that issue, I totally love the car. I get compliments on it all the time. I love how the sport seats hug me during fast turns. I would definitely buy another one.

Favorite Features

Sport seats, torque, removable glass top, memory system, bBeating those four cylinder lawn mower sounding tricked out hondas, acuras, etc. Just the feeling I get when I am driving it.

Suggested Improvements

The cupholder is a joke. The ashtray should be lit at night. More horsepower. Heated seats. Louder exhaust note, it is way too quiet for a muscle car.