Used 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Excellent Car
By Robert

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

What it is like on a daily basis? I love my Z06. It accelerates like a bat out of hell and handles like excellently. Fun with a special passenger, if you know what I mean. I doesn't have too much bs electrical usb, touch screen gizmoid crap; but it has a heads up display that makes you feel like you might be piloting an F16. A/C is terrible, but why would you want to keep the windows rolled up? Very fuel efficient I some how mustered 21 mpg average, same as my v6 Impala. Great car if you like listening to George Thorogood thru its Bose speakers. You are most definitely faster than 95% of the cars on the road, so you will be too cool for street racing. Cops leave you alone, usually, and insurance is cheapish. Maintenance? Change oil, clutch fluid, tranny fluid, coolant, power steering fluid like any other car. Tires can be spendy if your a dingus and "Have to have the originals!" buy some tires like falken and you'll be good to go. VALVE SPRINGS. If you buy a 2002 Z06, replace these immediately if you don't know if they have been replaced or your life will suck for a while. I shattered one at 42,000 miles and I had to replace all my valve springs, MAF sensor, o2 sensors, catalytic converters, and spark plugs. It could have possibly been worse, thankfully the valve keeper did not fall. Otherwise it has been very reliable.

Mid Life Toy
By proper

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Always wanted a Corvette, almost bought a 1995 with 50K but it was beat and abused. Found this 2002 Convertible, good price, low mileage. Fell in love almost immediately. Great Looks and acceleration, a real classy looking sportscar. For a car 12 years old it looks better than most cars its age. Everything works inside. Noticed some wear on the outside edge of the drivers seat due no doubt to how you have to get in and out of this low slung beauty. Engine runs smooth and flawlessly on the highway. Headlights could be brighter as well as the daylight running lights but all in all this is a great car.

Interior layout, Corvette Emblems in strategic places, Convertible top cowling, under the hood, etc. Engine Performance.

Multi CD Disc Player (Single Disc Player, Really????) No cheap plastic (Cup Holder, ashtray door, etc.) Bigger center console.

2002 Red Z06 bought new in 2/02
By Z06 torch

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've thoroughly enjoyed my z06. Fun to drive, comfortable, fast & a great handling car with all the comforts. My favorite "passenger scare" is the 270 degree on ramps here in SoCal! Build quality on exterior is excellent. (AND if you care!: Gas mileage is exceptional on the fwy ...between 27 & 30 depending upon speed). I have had the car in for work...mainly interior problems. I'm also on my 4th battery. I also changed the shifter the 2nd month I owned the car. Overall I'd say it's had less problems than MOST vehicles.

Beautiful exterior, impressive engine compartment, Heads up display, Easy to locate interior features (good ergonomics), Comfort for my 6'4" frame, performance, handling (active handling), pop up headlights, extensive D.I.C. (digital display of vitals)

Improve quality of interior pieces, better leather on seats. Trunk area & area behind seats need refinement, Original shifter was a LONG throw & sloppy, A telescoping steering wheel would be a +, Both dealers I used for warranty repair I had problems with. Chevy needs better follow up after purchase

Red Rocket
By sdz06

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this car since new. It is the second Corvette that I've owned. The car is extremely fun to drive, handling and acceleration of this car exceeds most driver's abilities. The ride is surprisingly good for such a high performing sports car.

Handling and acceleration

Not good for trying to talk on a cell phone. This car sounds like a sports car. For weight savings, chevy left out the sound proofing. Good when you want to hear the 405 horses working.

I love by Electron Blue, white top Vette
By blueberry

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is freedom. I bought it to use in parades as well as have the time of my life at 66. The car handles like a dream, the top is a no brainer and easy to get down. Lots of trunk room for a sports car. And does it get the comments!

The car in and of its self is its best feature but I love the 10 disk changer in the trunk. The Bose system is dynomite. Speed and preformance are perfect and it loves the 318 turns in 11 miles on the Tail of the Dragon in NC

The drivers set has this crazy wing in the middle with a spring in it right were you put your hand to get out. The seat is wearing at that spot. And the usual grip of only one cup holder.Seat belts could be a bit longer. Lots of big guys drive these and the belts are short!