2002 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
2002 Red Z06 bought new in 2/02
By Z06 torch on 12/04/09 18:59 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've thoroughly enjoyed my z06. Fun to drive, comfortable, fast & a great handling car with all the comforts. My favorite "passenger scare" is the 270 degree on ramps here in SoCal! Build quality on exterior is excellent. (AND if you care!: Gas mileage is exceptional on the fwy ...between 27 & 30 depending upon speed). I have had the car in for work...mainly interior problems. I'm also on my 4th battery. I also changed the shifter the 2nd month I owned the car. Overall I'd say it's had less problems than MOST vehicles.

Red Rocket
By sdz06 on 06/01/09 09:38 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this car since new. It is the second Corvette that I've owned. The car is extremely fun to drive, handling and acceleration of this car exceeds most driver's abilities. The ride is surprisingly good for such a high performing sports car.

I love by Electron Blue, white top Vette
By blueberry on 10/10/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is freedom. I bought it to use in parades as well as have the time of my life at 66. The car handles like a dream, the top is a no brainer and easy to get down. Lots of trunk room for a sports car. And does it get the comments!

Should be faster
By corvettekid on 07/20/07 18:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a black 2002 auto transmission Corvette with 33,000 miles on it (I wanted a manual, but my left knee is too messed up). I love the car, but it seems like she loses power after hard acceleration a few times in a row. Also, I think the voltage regulator is bad cause sometimes it drops down to 12.3 when I am driving and it also jumps up and down a lot when I step on the brakes. For the car having 350 HP it doesn't feel very fast to me except for when it is first started in the morning. Other than that issue, I totally love the car. I get compliments on it all the time. I love how the sport seats hug me during fast turns. I would definitely buy another one.

Fun
By BABS on 06/26/07 06:19 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible car. Fun to drive, powerful. Great gas mileage considering performance and incredible stopping power.

Awesome Ride
By Scott B on 04/09/07 05:26 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Vette. Like some other posters I never thought I would own one of my own. Lots of power when you want it. Not bad gas mileage when you're cruising.

My Red Rocket Toy
By Chuck on 03/07/07 18:02 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this 2002 Z06 in Oct. of 2001 and it gets just under 2000 miles a year put on it and is garaged whenever it is not driven. It has been in the rain twice and never in snow. This was a dream car for me for a long time and I love just about everything in any category with this car. It is a blast to drive for both power and handling! And the fuel economy really impresses me for an engine with 405 horsepower. This car will be in my family for a long time!

Keep them coming
By Andy on 01/03/07 18:26 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this Z-06 against my better judgement, especially after owning 2 wonderful 911 Carreras. Well, now I'm hooked and ain't returning to Ferdinand's best, for a long while. It's incredible how much more I would have to pay to get this amount of performance (and joy) out of another option. It does everything effortlessly. Scary at first when pushing it (read: torque master). I strongly recommend spending some time at a local track learning the in/outs of the performace envelope and borderline. This could prove very rewarding and definitely satisfying to those willing to experiment the threshold limits.

C5 is a True Driving Machine
By Yvette on 06/01/06 10:37 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my dream C5, a yellow convertible with a white top and red seats without ever driving it based purely on specifications and styling. Driving it the last 4 years & 9 months has been a blast. It is just as exciting today as it was then. I have driven many cars from all manufacturers except the expensive exotics ala Ferrari and Lamborghini and nothing compares to the Corvette. The car has been perfect except for replacing the battery & O2 sensor. I drive it hard and fast eight months out of the year. It's been a total thrill. Every time I finish a drive, I feel such exhilaration that I want to jump out like Speed Racer. I'm a woman driver that'll never. I need a C6.

Love it
By rollie on 04/24/06 08:43 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Having owned a few Vette converts '58,'61,'66,'67,'71,'75,'87, '95,'98 .. I loved everyone. When I turned 65 I wanted one for keeps. The '02 Flame Red convert I now have is the best. Not one problem since I bought it. Keeps me feeling young and the gals love it.