Third Best By Far
By Glen Teason on
2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)
I ordered a 2001 Corvette in August 2000. I wanted to make sure I would get exactly what I wanted so found a dealer who had several on order matching my needs. This is my third Corvette. First was a new 63 340 HP 4 sp. Black Convert. Loved it but QC not the best. next a new 80 bought new. This 2001 is the best by a long shot. Ultra reliable. Great gas mileage at10 city, 27 road. Great performance. Idles like a tame family sedan and has all the scoot I would want in a daily driver. I've kept it totally stock. Most problems include headlight gears that wore out to often. I remedied this by swithching off the automatic headlight activation and manually turning on the lights. Love this car.
Favorite Features
Quite power when you want it. Love the seats, very comfortable. Great Bose radio. Very reliable. Relatively quite. Virtually no squeaks or rattles. Like the style. Nice paint and fit and finish. Also lots of room for luggage in back, under hatch.
Suggested Improvements
One thing that drives me nuts. Replacement for shift (gear) indication lamp. Dealer want about hundred dollars to replace this bulb. Seems most of the console needs to be removed. Hopefully the new models have this solved. I just really love this car