2001 Chevrolet Corvette 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Room For Improvement

2001 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Z06 Coupe (5.7L V8 6-speed Manual)

Room For Improvement
By Jeremy Witt on

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I was unfortunate to receive a lemon Z06 (1Qt of oil for every 500Miles), but I have isolated my review comments to exclude this problem. Chevy eventually replaced the engine. But even with that, I still think you can buy a better car and therefore will be purchasing a 2003 in a few weeks. I really would like Chevy to take some more pride in building these cars with improvements made to the interior design, paint quality, and small details. I find it appaulling to buy a car that brand new will have rim damage because they are still using tire clamp weights. For detailers the badges are a nightmare (especially that rear Corvette inprint).

Favorite Features

Torque!!! Extremely predictable slides, tires hold like no ones business, no reason to street race ... car will destroy any car out there, throatie exhaust, quick response, excellent traction control (saved my butt more than a couple times ... especially in rain).

Suggested Improvements

Stronger headlights, use painted badges under the clear, use rim tape weights, thicker and sronger paint, better holding seats, flush head lights, power antenna (or better yet one built into the frame), MP3 CD player