Wonderful Car
By volt on
2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)
There's no better bang for the buck. I had my C5 for two years and it lost $1000/year in depreciation. If Chevy made all their cars with the quality of this, they wouldn't be going broke. It is a sheer blast to drive, everything is precise. Steering is responsive, gas and brake are solid. The suspension is comfortable and handling is perfect. Plus, and I guess most importantly, is the fact that this car's design will never go out of style. She is sexy. On the otherhand, the car's not that practical because of the lack of room and the low clearance. Maintenance and repairs are pricey, but nothing like foreign cars. Tires are very expensive
Favorite Features
I had an automatic and it shifted like none other, smooth and very quick. The automatic gets 27-29 MPG HWY, driving normal. City ranges from 19- 22. Absolutely beautiful car.
Suggested Improvements
Although the quality is good, there are some things in need of improvement. The electronics system has ghosts in it. Glass top oxidizes. Aluminum wheels scratch easy. All have some sort of pesky engine noise... random tick/knock/ping. Depends on quality of gas, tune-up time.