Used 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
By smfcpacfp

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car new, and it has been the most trouble free car that I have ever owned. I had to replace one sensor in the 46,000 miles that I have owned it. It is also extremely comfortable on long trips. My wife and I recently took it on a 4,600 mile, 3 week trip and as always, extremely reliable. It also had adequate trunk space. I couldn't possibly ask for a more relaible car.

It is a joy to drive, plenty of passing power and good looks.

None

MY Z06
By dcd58

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is fantastic! Minor problem with leaking windshield when purchased, now fixed. What a car to drive. Worked on engine, now puts out 427hp with 362 coming out rear! Love this car

Everything

None, none at all

2001 Z06
By Dano

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Corvette. It was purchased used, I'm the 2nd owner. This is an amazing car, the performance and handling are outstanding. I've added a hurst shifter Stinger air intake and B&B exhaust. Now its even more fun. The mileage is amazing as long as you can keep your foot out of it. It is a head turner, looks blazing fast just sitting.

The performance, LS6 engine is a powerhouse. Rides very well for a sports car.

If you have the Z06 or any other 6speed vette. Put in the hurst shifter, huge improvment. On another note the radio is a little on the weak side. But the exhaust note from the B&Bs is much better sounding.

2001 Vette
By Robert Chiu

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this car new. Nothing comes close performance-wise for the price. However, for the price, the build quality and attention to detail are poor. I had a torn weatherstip on the driver's side in the first year, broken rain gutter the second year, three dead batteries and one alternator replacement in the third year, and recently transmission grinding while shifting into 3rd and 5th. Now I know why GM stock is junk.

Awesome acceleration and handling.

Better interior quality. Don't use a cheapo stereo from a Cavalier and call it Bose. Learn from the imports when it comes to quality build and fit/finish.

Zo6
By Richardzo6

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this car new and have never been disappointed for one minute. I have owned over two dozen Corvettes, some with very wild motors. This is the best daily driver I have ever had, any car. After 4 years I still get thumbs up, and that is in Southern California with modified cars and hot rods on every corner. I have 8 cars to choose from and the ZO6 is my first choice to drive.

The performance and the looks.

I would like to have a little less road noise, picky, picky, picky. It is a performace car after all. It does things so well you forget.