2001 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Great Bang 4 the Buck
By Greg W on 05/20/05 00:40 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

For the price of a new Lancer Evo or WRX STi, you can purchase a very clean, used Z06 and smoke those 4-cylinder hairdryers all day long. The 2001 Z06 with 385hp & 385ft-lbs of torque launches from a standing start like a Trans-Am race car. Add an intake, LG long tube headers and a good exhaust to a 2001 Z06 and you'll easily match the 405hp found in 2002-2004 models. Don't be afraid to rev the engine. Unlike the older C4 and early C5 motors, the Z06 engine doesn't hit its horsepower peak until just over 6000rpm. Handling is fantastic for practically every twisty road in America. Only dedicated track drivers may find it a little soft.

My Little Red Corvette
By Katrina Boss on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my love. The energy from this car is extreme. I do not have to drive it over the speed limit to know what it can do. What a "rush" when you push the power. You feel it! I love to drive it on a curvy road, because it hugs the curves like no other car. When I drove it to Kansas City, I averaged 26.7 miles per gallon. The interior fits like a glove; everything is at your fingertips. Its a beautiful car. I have had it almost three years and have not had any mechanical issues with it.

LBS Z06
By Les Bush on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Great Car. Would Buy Again.

Sweet car
By pooch1 on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

If you want an affordable American car with huge amounts of bang for the buck then look no further. This car will beat anyting under $100,000 by seconds around a race track. Poor Vipers.....very fast in 1/4 mile, but poor brakes and handling hurt overall performance. If you want German or Italian performance without the price then her you go.

Corvette Z06 is a Classic
By Z06DWS on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The first of the many sports cars that I have owned that I would have actually paid more for. Handles better than the cars that I raced SCCA years ago, yet provides a very comfortable ride, and great ergonomics. You cannot touch this car in terms of price vs. performance.

Outstanding Value
By Bob in Poway on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible handling and performance for the price. I run mine in Open Road Races on cruise control at 150+ mph. Loafs along at 165mph. Car is rock steady at all speeds. And it can be used as a daily driver.

Z06, A Blast To Drive!
By jomaja on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am a sports car nut. I have had Porsche 911's and 930 Turbo's,Mercedes SLK 230 and 320 Sports,a Honda S2000,a Prowler and several Harleys. None of them come close to the Z06. This car is like no other! Fast,Fun,and you feel very secure driving it hard.

Simply Unbelievable
By ADE 1000 on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

My 2001 was my first Corvette after dreaming about owning one since I was a child. The car is simply amazing. The power, grip, and brakes are far more than anyone needs on the street, and are adequate to embarrass pretty much every other car out there on the track. It is also fairly practical, offering a decent ride for a sports car, a fair amount of cargo space, and suprisingly good fuel economy on the highway. My car has never burned a drop of oil and has never needed a trip for the shop for any kind of warranty work. The car also responds well to basic mods, just changing the air intake has taken me past 400hp according to my last dyno run.

Room For Improvement
By Jeremy Witt on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I was unfortunate to receive a lemon Z06 (1Qt of oil for every 500Miles), but I have isolated my review comments to exclude this problem. Chevy eventually replaced the engine. But even with that, I still think you can buy a better car and therefore will be purchasing a 2003 in a few weeks. I really would like Chevy to take some more pride in building these cars with improvements made to the interior design, paint quality, and small details. I find it appaulling to buy a car that brand new will have rim damage because they are still using tire clamp weights. For detailers the badges are a nightmare (especially that rear Corvette inprint).

2001 Corvette
By WesC5 on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The best sports car made...period! I've not had one problem with the vehicle and I drive it rain or shine. Without a doubt, the best "bang for the buck" sports car you'll ever have the opportunity to drive/own.