Used 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

It's a trade-off
By Allie

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am the 2nd owner of this car. I got it for 32,000 in 2003 with 6,000 miles on it. First, there was a factory recall. Defect in the steering column. Possibility of steering wheel locking up at any given moment. Thank God I wasn't driving when it locked up. The tow & repair was free, the headache was too! Then the ignition got stuck and the key wouldn't turn. Replaced the ignition as well as the flashers which were also not working properly.

Favorite Features

This car is a rocket! It's so fun to drive and so pretty to look at, but it comes at a high price!

Best car I have ever owned.
By My1Rx

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Incredible performance, handling, appearance and bang for your buck. Over 26000 miles and car is still like new. Saw my first 2006 Red ZO6 and almost fell over. May soon be upgrading to a C6 ZO6.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the performance and appearance.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Dream Car For Sports Car Lovers
By DoomDriver

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Although I have had only one year of driving this car I can honestly say I grin ear to ear every time. With the top off, the glass roof or the matching coupe look, this car looks like its going 100 MPH standing still. It has easy access and egress even for the older folks. Twin power adjustable seats snuggle you into a comfy cockpit. Once you let out the clutch on this amazingly forgiving manual 6 speed the car purrs away just like a Honda or Toyota. The car is that easy to drive!. But step on the gas the car transforms into a jet on wheels. The active handling keeps you safe and straight but lets you fly. This car is AWESOME

Favorite Features

Active Handling turns you into an expert driver when your not. HUD lets you keep your eyes on the road. The awesome power is in your right foot. Use it wisely. All that and it gets 32 MPH (when driven at the speed limit).

Suggested Improvements

Two problems. The one problem is a thing called column lock which GM won't/can't fix. This requires expensive repairs and can reoccur. The second is 1st - 4th override where at certain rpms you must go to fourth from first, You can buy aftermarket workarounds for both but Corvette should fix it

Awesome Rocket
By boston0259

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great car. What else can you say about this rocket sled? Awesome vehicle, superfast, the pick-up is simply unbelieveable. You can be at the front of any traffic line, and everybody can smell your rubber (if you so choose). But here's the thing - you know what it can do, and so do all the people around you, so why show off? Youthful exuberation maybe. You'll enjoy it.

Favorite Features

Head up display, fast, the looks from others, not to mention the looks of the car itself.

Suggested Improvements

Could have a better sound system. And the interior could be better insulated from all the road noise, but I think the choice of the run-flats make the noise worse.

2001 C5 Coupe
By Bond-san

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Corvette has been my dream car since my teen days. Now that I finally own one I know what the phrase "dream car" really means. It truly has been a dream to own. Fun and comfortable to drive. Great gas mileage. The seats are extremely comfortable I average around 28 MPG highway. A true dream car.

Favorite Features

Performance, Head up Display, Wrap around seats and Driver Information Center.

Suggested Improvements

A little more noise softening in the rear compartment of the coupe.