Used 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )

Corvette Fun
By dreed614

Excellent Car, Fun to Drive and built well

Style

Reduce Hwy Road Noise

problems wth my corvette
By laguana

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The first two years I had the car it was nothing but problems.Check engine light coming on constantly.I tried to resolve my issue with GM but all they could offer me was oil changes,finally I contacted Better Business Bureau and within a week I was getting somewhere with the problems.This was a leased and I wanted a car that was dependable,being in the State of Nevada there is a lemon law three strikes and it's history or compromise.Finally GM settled with a five year or 60000 miles powertrain warranty.Thanks to Better Business Bureau.Will move on to European models it was fun but the aggravation it put me through wasn't worth buying another GM product.

This is my second corvette I had a 2000 coupe and it never had a problem at all

The inside of the corvette extremely poor insulation it was noisy and hot and you can't carry a conversation with your passenger without yelling.my 95 lebaron is also a convertible and it's quietier

Great Car....poor service at dealership
By kbrantley

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great Car. Only a few minor problems during the last three years. Oil changes and new tires have been the only out of pocket costs to date. Dealer Service very poor....I will never buy a Chevrolet again because of the lack of quality control whenever I took the car in to the dealer. It never improved even after multiple complaints. Everytime I took it to the dealer for an oil change I asked to have the emergency brake adjusted and not once did they accomplish that task. Too bad because it is a great car, now that the warrenty has expired, I will try to find a real mechanic or do it myself.

big fat date mobile
By sharon lee

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

this car is a blast to drive; and turns heads everywhere I go! Only wish I had more time to drive it.

heads up display; convertable top

needs a passenger beverage holder; and a power retractable roof would be real nice

Yesssss!!
By Pedro

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second C5, a 2001 roadster.. I've had it for almost three years now and it consistently makes me smile. The performance, looks, and ride are all worth the price of ownership. I have made "corrections" such as intake, full-length headers and exhaust and the car has rewarded me with improved performance. On two trips from Florida to Bowling Green Kentucky, my vette averaged better than 27MPG!

Six speed, exhaust note, top-down driving. Looks and lines of the car...top up or down. I could go on for days...

I love my vette the way it is. The only thing I would improve on is the interior, but it is adequate. Buy one!!!