2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Consumer Reviews

Z06 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (30 reviews )
After all these years!
By NickDago on 11/11/08 18:53 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am sure glad my wife let me buy this car four years ago. If ever you need a little pick-me-up the Corvette Z06 will definitely do the trick. I have not had any problems with this car and love the way it handles and the power it has. You just can not get over the quickness and power this car has. I was able to by this car from the original owner with 6500 miles on it for 30k, best 30k I have ever spent. I you want to experience Ferrari like perfomance at a price almost anyone can afford than you have to drive a C% Z06.

Best Bang for the Buck
By bill on 03/11/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Went to the dealership to buy a key and ended up testing a Z06. What a mistake! I haven't felt this power since the muscle cars of the 60's- 70's! Needless to say I bought the car. This car brings the most smiles per mile and it compares to cars over twice it's cost in performance and appeal. Love it!

Best performance car for the money!
By 2001 ZO6 on 02/23/08 03:42 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

For an all around sports that can just about beat anything that costs twice as much, you can't go wrong with a ZO6. It is civilized enough to drive everyday unlike a vVper and gets as many looks and compliments. I have never have had a problem. The car has 28000 miles and runs flawlessly. The only down fall is that it likes to eat up rear tires as the rear end tends to slip the rear tires quite easily when shifting into second even when driving conservitly. Truly a great car.

I love this car!
By Juan on 04/04/07 10:14 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first time owning a Corvette. It's everything I thought it would be. It's fast and handles really nice. I love the feel of the road coming thru the steering wheel.

Corvette owner RPC
By russell cole on 01/05/07 13:36 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I traded a 1991 converble for my 2001 Corvette. The z06 was the fastest car that I have ever owned. However, the ride was not comfortable as expected and the rear wheels or road nose was very loud when driving on the freeway. The acceleration was amazing. The Corvette is a fun car to drive.

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
By smfcpacfp on 09/08/06 22:34 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car new, and it has been the most trouble free car that I have ever owned. I had to replace one sensor in the 46,000 miles that I have owned it. It is also extremely comfortable on long trips. My wife and I recently took it on a 4,600 mile, 3 week trip and as always, extremely reliable. It also had adequate trunk space. I couldn't possibly ask for a more relaible car.

MY Z06
By dcd58 on 04/08/06 11:03 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is fantastic! Minor problem with leaking windshield when purchased, now fixed. What a car to drive. Worked on engine, now puts out 427hp with 362 coming out rear! Love this car

2001 Z06
By Dano on 01/30/06 20:55 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Corvette. It was purchased used, I'm the 2nd owner. This is an amazing car, the performance and handling are outstanding. I've added a hurst shifter Stinger air intake and B&B exhaust. Now its even more fun. The mileage is amazing as long as you can keep your foot out of it. It is a head turner, looks blazing fast just sitting.

2001 Vette
By Robert Chiu on 08/18/05 15:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this car new. Nothing comes close performance-wise for the price. However, for the price, the build quality and attention to detail are poor. I had a torn weatherstip on the driver's side in the first year, broken rain gutter the second year, three dead batteries and one alternator replacement in the third year, and recently transmission grinding while shifting into 3rd and 5th. Now I know why GM stock is junk.

Zo6
By Richardzo6 on 08/06/05 11:41 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this car new and have never been disappointed for one minute. I have owned over two dozen Corvettes, some with very wild motors. This is the best daily driver I have ever had, any car. After 4 years I still get thumbs up, and that is in Southern California with modified cars and hot rods on every corner. I have 8 cars to choose from and the ZO6 is my first choice to drive.