Used 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

Z06 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (30 reviews )

After all these years!
By NickDago

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am sure glad my wife let me buy this car four years ago. If ever you need a little pick-me-up the Corvette Z06 will definitely do the trick. I have not had any problems with this car and love the way it handles and the power it has. You just can not get over the quickness and power this car has. I was able to by this car from the original owner with 6500 miles on it for 30k, best 30k I have ever spent. I you want to experience Ferrari like perfomance at a price almost anyone can afford than you have to drive a C% Z06.

Favorite Features

Power, power and power. Plenty of storage in the back, spectacular exterior design and great handling. People can not resist coming up and talking to you about the car. Most people do not know the difference between the C5 and C6 Z06

Suggested Improvements

An option for an upgraded interior.

Best Bang for the Buck
By bill

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Went to the dealership to buy a key and ended up testing a Z06. What a mistake! I haven't felt this power since the muscle cars of the 60's- 70's! Needless to say I bought the car. This car brings the most smiles per mile and it compares to cars over twice it's cost in performance and appeal. Love it!

Favorite Features

Huge V8 power and 6 speed transmission - you got to love it!

Suggested Improvements

Interior is a bit plain but I see the C6 version has addressed this. I can live with it for the cost savings over a new Corvette.

Best performance car for the money!
By 2001 ZO6

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

For an all around sports that can just about beat anything that costs twice as much, you can't go wrong with a ZO6. It is civilized enough to drive everyday unlike a vVper and gets as many looks and compliments. I have never have had a problem. The car has 28000 miles and runs flawlessly. The only down fall is that it likes to eat up rear tires as the rear end tends to slip the rear tires quite easily when shifting into second even when driving conservitly. Truly a great car.

Favorite Features

Engine, styling and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother shifter and a battery cover.

I love this car!
By Juan

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first time owning a Corvette. It's everything I thought it would be. It's fast and handles really nice. I love the feel of the road coming thru the steering wheel.

Corvette owner RPC
By russell cole

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I traded a 1991 converble for my 2001 Corvette. The z06 was the fastest car that I have ever owned. However, the ride was not comfortable as expected and the rear wheels or road nose was very loud when driving on the freeway. The acceleration was amazing. The Corvette is a fun car to drive.

Favorite Features

The sport car stying and horsepower. The way the car is built. And the retractable headlights.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, smoother ride when taking cross country trips.