2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Windy Wendy is a blast!
By gdemarco on 04/27/13 07:16 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2001 hatchback in April of 2013. Very low miles and looks showroom good. I have wanted a corvette for years but children and a military career precluded adding one to the family. Now with just my wife and boxer dod the time seemed right. A long time dream come true and boy, do I feel blessed. Great car, great price, great dog, great wife! Could it get any better?

Wonderful Car
By volt on 05/14/08 14:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

There's no better bang for the buck. I had my C5 for two years and it lost $1000/year in depreciation. If Chevy made all their cars with the quality of this, they wouldn't be going broke. It is a sheer blast to drive, everything is precise. Steering is responsive, gas and brake are solid. The suspension is comfortable and handling is perfect. Plus, and I guess most importantly, is the fact that this car's design will never go out of style. She is sexy. On the otherhand, the car's not that practical because of the lack of room and the low clearance. Maintenance and repairs are pricey, but nothing like foreign cars. Tires are very expensive

What else compares?
By 2infiniti on 04/22/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Commuting to and from work I get 21 MPG and 30+@ 75 MPH in 6th gear. This magnetic red car is a head turner. Cheaper than a Subaru WRX or a Mitsu Lancer and it doesnít look like a shopping cart! I put Michelin Pilot AS run-flats and the traction improved dramatically over the GY Eagles and noise dropped. For $25k this is a deal. Too bad when car mags do car comparisons they donít compare what was a $48k new Vette now worth $22-$25 to the new stuff you can buy! The Vette would win hands down. When I get rid of it, it will be for a 2008 used with 3LT auto and 436 hp. Until then I would rather have it than any other car. As a car connoisseur I highly recommend the C-5!

Supercar for Camry price
By MJG on 02/28/07 07:40 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Waited 27 years to replace my 1964 roadster and found the perfect 2001 targa. 3rd owner, less than 14K miles and nearly totally stock. The car cost almost exactly what a new loaded Camry would have but can top 170 MPH and hit 60 in about 4.5 seconds. In addition it's rated an LEV and gets 32 MPG on the highway. The build quality is wonderful, the Bose sound system spectacular and the power is almost unlimited anywhere in the power band. Aftermarket cat-back exhaust has torque nearing 400 lbs. ft. and the car goes from quiet commuter to F22 Raptor in a heartbeat. No supercar for less than $100K could come close to matching "Gracie" - 6 years old and just getting broken in. What a deal!

Third Best By Far
By Glen Teason on 11/16/06 19:33 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I ordered a 2001 Corvette in August 2000. I wanted to make sure I would get exactly what I wanted so found a dealer who had several on order matching my needs. This is my third Corvette. First was a new 63 340 HP 4 sp. Black Convert. Loved it but QC not the best. next a new 80 bought new. This 2001 is the best by a long shot. Ultra reliable. Great gas mileage at10 city, 27 road. Great performance. Idles like a tame family sedan and has all the scoot I would want in a daily driver. I've kept it totally stock. Most problems include headlight gears that wore out to often. I remedied this by swithching off the automatic headlight activation and manually turning on the lights. Love this car.

It's a trade-off
By Allie on 07/13/06 23:06 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am the 2nd owner of this car. I got it for 32,000 in 2003 with 6,000 miles on it. First, there was a factory recall. Defect in the steering column. Possibility of steering wheel locking up at any given moment. Thank God I wasn't driving when it locked up. The tow & repair was free, the headache was too! Then the ignition got stuck and the key wouldn't turn. Replaced the ignition as well as the flashers which were also not working properly.

Best car I have ever owned.
By My1Rx on 01/09/06 21:59 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Incredible performance, handling, appearance and bang for your buck. Over 26000 miles and car is still like new. Saw my first 2006 Red ZO6 and almost fell over. May soon be upgrading to a C6 ZO6.

Dream Car For Sports Car Lovers
By DoomDriver on 05/06/05 00:01 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Although I have had only one year of driving this car I can honestly say I grin ear to ear every time. With the top off, the glass roof or the matching coupe look, this car looks like its going 100 MPH standing still. It has easy access and egress even for the older folks. Twin power adjustable seats snuggle you into a comfy cockpit. Once you let out the clutch on this amazingly forgiving manual 6 speed the car purrs away just like a Honda or Toyota. The car is that easy to drive!. But step on the gas the car transforms into a jet on wheels. The active handling keeps you safe and straight but lets you fly. This car is AWESOME

Awesome Rocket
By boston0259 on 01/23/05 20:59 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great car. What else can you say about this rocket sled? Awesome vehicle, superfast, the pick-up is simply unbelieveable. You can be at the front of any traffic line, and everybody can smell your rubber (if you so choose). But here's the thing - you know what it can do, and so do all the people around you, so why show off? Youthful exuberation maybe. You'll enjoy it.

2001 C5 Coupe
By Bond-san on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The Corvette has been my dream car since my teen days. Now that I finally own one I know what the phrase "dream car" really means. It truly has been a dream to own. Fun and comfortable to drive. Great gas mileage. The seats are extremely comfortable I average around 28 MPG highway. A true dream car.