Used 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Windy Wendy is a blast!
By gdemarco

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2001 hatchback in April of 2013. Very low miles and looks showroom good. I have wanted a corvette for years but children and a military career precluded adding one to the family. Now with just my wife and boxer dod the time seemed right. A long time dream come true and boy, do I feel blessed. Great car, great price, great dog, great wife! Could it get any better?

Favorite Features

Acceleration and smooth ride combine for a superb experience. At 350 hp and 360 torque what's not to like. The Bose system and 12 disk CD add to the pleasure. At 5"9 1/2 and 200 lbs it fits me perfect. A little stiff lower back after a long ride but hey, I am 63 so it goes with the territory.

Suggested Improvements

Not any! Why mess with perfection?

Wonderful Car
By volt

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

There's no better bang for the buck. I had my C5 for two years and it lost $1000/year in depreciation. If Chevy made all their cars with the quality of this, they wouldn't be going broke. It is a sheer blast to drive, everything is precise. Steering is responsive, gas and brake are solid. The suspension is comfortable and handling is perfect. Plus, and I guess most importantly, is the fact that this car's design will never go out of style. She is sexy. On the otherhand, the car's not that practical because of the lack of room and the low clearance. Maintenance and repairs are pricey, but nothing like foreign cars. Tires are very expensive

Favorite Features

I had an automatic and it shifted like none other, smooth and very quick. The automatic gets 27-29 MPG HWY, driving normal. City ranges from 19- 22. Absolutely beautiful car.

Suggested Improvements

Although the quality is good, there are some things in need of improvement. The electronics system has ghosts in it. Glass top oxidizes. Aluminum wheels scratch easy. All have some sort of pesky engine noise... random tick/knock/ping. Depends on quality of gas, tune-up time.

What else compares?
By 2infiniti

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Commuting to and from work I get 21 MPG and 30+@ 75 MPH in 6th gear. This magnetic red car is a head turner. Cheaper than a Subaru WRX or a Mitsu Lancer and it doesnít look like a shopping cart! I put Michelin Pilot AS run-flats and the traction improved dramatically over the GY Eagles and noise dropped. For $25k this is a deal. Too bad when car mags do car comparisons they donít compare what was a $48k new Vette now worth $22-$25 to the new stuff you can buy! The Vette would win hands down. When I get rid of it, it will be for a 2008 used with 3LT auto and 436 hp. Until then I would rather have it than any other car. As a car connoisseur I highly recommend the C-5!

Favorite Features

Heads up, Boise stereo, gas mileage, style, makes you feel good to drive it. Now depreciating very little. The coupe has room for golf clubs too

Suggested Improvements

Never enough HP but the C-6s have it if you want to spend extra the money. just wait to buy one used, let someone else take the depreciation.

Supercar for Camry price
By MJG

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Waited 27 years to replace my 1964 roadster and found the perfect 2001 targa. 3rd owner, less than 14K miles and nearly totally stock. The car cost almost exactly what a new loaded Camry would have but can top 170 MPH and hit 60 in about 4.5 seconds. In addition it's rated an LEV and gets 32 MPG on the highway. The build quality is wonderful, the Bose sound system spectacular and the power is almost unlimited anywhere in the power band. Aftermarket cat-back exhaust has torque nearing 400 lbs. ft. and the car goes from quiet commuter to F22 Raptor in a heartbeat. No supercar for less than $100K could come close to matching "Gracie" - 6 years old and just getting broken in. What a deal!

Favorite Features

Power & looks = pride of ownership

Suggested Improvements

Get me one more for my wife!

Third Best By Far
By Glen Teason

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I ordered a 2001 Corvette in August 2000. I wanted to make sure I would get exactly what I wanted so found a dealer who had several on order matching my needs. This is my third Corvette. First was a new 63 340 HP 4 sp. Black Convert. Loved it but QC not the best. next a new 80 bought new. This 2001 is the best by a long shot. Ultra reliable. Great gas mileage at10 city, 27 road. Great performance. Idles like a tame family sedan and has all the scoot I would want in a daily driver. I've kept it totally stock. Most problems include headlight gears that wore out to often. I remedied this by swithching off the automatic headlight activation and manually turning on the lights. Love this car.

Favorite Features

Quite power when you want it. Love the seats, very comfortable. Great Bose radio. Very reliable. Relatively quite. Virtually no squeaks or rattles. Like the style. Nice paint and fit and finish. Also lots of room for luggage in back, under hatch.

Suggested Improvements

One thing that drives me nuts. Replacement for shift (gear) indication lamp. Dealer want about hundred dollars to replace this bulb. Seems most of the console needs to be removed. Hopefully the new models have this solved. I just really love this car