Used 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )

mine is a 6 speed manual
By finallygotone

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car three months ago used of course with a ghost in the system that effected not only the turn signals but the heater-air as well. It turned out to be a the hazard switch and cost about $466 for the local dealer to install and flush the cooling system, so not to bad. I put Michlines on it and behold the beast has come to life. It is the base convertable with 6 speed manual and its Katey bar the door when I step on it. Only 350-350 but feels like more to me. the body and paint are GREAT except for the lower air dam in front as expected has found a curb but not too bad. So far I can't say enough about this car, it is the most fun I can have with my cloths on.

I can't pick any one thing as favorite. the intire car is like new condition except as noted earlier, It is a 2001 with 58thao miles when I bought it and now has 60thao. Only one paint chip at drivers door. Top looks new as well and believe it or not, it was a lease car. I have wanted one since I saw my first one in 1953 and I am not disapointed at all.

Would you believe, improve the MPG?

Nicest looking sports car on the road
By Brent

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I could of bought anything in the mid $20,000 range as a seasonal summer sports car. Hands down my decision to buy a 2001 Corvette convertible was dead on. Fast, sexy, North American built, cant beat it. Man I love this car, thumbs up all the time. St Catharine's built LS1, fit and finish is tops, paint is excellent, 30 mpg. You kidding me this is one great car.

Hitting the on ramps to a highway. Getting the old thumbs up. This model will stand the test of time. HOT, HOT, HOT!

None

My first Vette
By NICK

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had 6 cars in 2 years. Tried the 09 370z fun fast garbage. Then a bmw335itturbo engine went in a month, next a Porsche boxster pure sports car, I loved the hidden midengine power and triptronic shift took it in for service a leak was found and 16.000 for a new trans never happen, I've always loved the Corvette and the c-5 was just a really classy design so I found one tested her and bought it. I haven't had a Chevy since 88 I've stayed with Dodge and still have my durango great quality and service, Chevy hasn't changed a bit poor service they lie and here's an example, if your mechanic don't know what 275/45/18 is and you ask the service manager the same and the answer is worse, that says it all. Run!

Heads up is nice feature as is the gas guage when it works. My Nissan was a 7 speed 320h lil monster, but it was the worst built car I ever owned, the vette is def muscle with no gimmicks, the manual 6 sp trans works well with the ls1 and she hides her power well but you know its always there for you.

Chevy still doesn't know how to make customers happy. After 20 years same ole song an dance sad but true. Chevy has used the same poor quality alternators, and gas floats for years, I guess the memo never hit anyone's desk, gm should really train everyone all over and back their vehicles for a change.

A dream come true
By Green Rdstr

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the green roadster in Austin, Tx. Got on I35 north bound and knew why I live in MT. Great trip North. Set the auto pilot on 80, put Jimmy Buffet CD's in the player and enjoy. What a great ride. A few weeks ago I was driving in the mountains of MT, a yellow C5 came up behind, I let it pass and then stayed about 75' behind, we were coming down a mountain pass, 4 lanes so we could stay toghether. Kids in the cars we passed were glued to the windows. Future Vette owners.

Heads up, the 6 speed, and the CD exchanger since she does not have SIRUIS channel 31 Margaritiville. Easy to raise and lower the convertible top. Most of all, I love to feel the G forces when I go to 5k in 1st and 2nd, and then go to 6th cause I'm at the speed limit.

GPS but they've done it.

2nd only to my '67
By Setter

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have truly enjoyed this second go round with Corvette's. My 2001 convertable is everything in a straight line that my 427 '67 was and this baby will really hang on the corners, unlike the '67. I don't care what anyone else thinks. This is the biggest bang you can get for the bucks anywhere. Buy one or steal a drive frome someone who has one, and if you don't agree, you never drove a big block '67.

I just love everything about this "supercar".

Give me a second drink holder and 50 more horsepower and just get out of the way. I love it.