2001 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
mine is a 6 speed manual
By finallygotone on 01/18/13 21:49 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car three months ago used of course with a ghost in the system that effected not only the turn signals but the heater-air as well. It turned out to be a the hazard switch and cost about $466 for the local dealer to install and flush the cooling system, so not to bad. I put Michlines on it and behold the beast has come to life. It is the base convertable with 6 speed manual and its Katey bar the door when I step on it. Only 350-350 but feels like more to me. the body and paint are GREAT except for the lower air dam in front as expected has found a curb but not too bad. So far I can't say enough about this car, it is the most fun I can have with my cloths on.

Nicest looking sports car on the road
By Brent on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I could of bought anything in the mid $20,000 range as a seasonal summer sports car. Hands down my decision to buy a 2001 Corvette convertible was dead on. Fast, sexy, North American built, cant beat it. Man I love this car, thumbs up all the time. St Catharine's built LS1, fit and finish is tops, paint is excellent, 30 mpg. You kidding me this is one great car.

My first Vette
By NICK on 08/06/10 14:21 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had 6 cars in 2 years. Tried the 09 370z fun fast garbage. Then a bmw335itturbo engine went in a month, next a Porsche boxster pure sports car, I loved the hidden midengine power and triptronic shift took it in for service a leak was found and 16.000 for a new trans never happen, I've always loved the Corvette and the c-5 was just a really classy design so I found one tested her and bought it. I haven't had a Chevy since 88 I've stayed with Dodge and still have my durango great quality and service, Chevy hasn't changed a bit poor service they lie and here's an example, if your mechanic don't know what 275/45/18 is and you ask the service manager the same and the answer is worse, that says it all. Run!

A dream come true
By Green Rdstr on 09/12/07 18:36 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the green roadster in Austin, Tx. Got on I35 north bound and knew why I live in MT. Great trip North. Set the auto pilot on 80, put Jimmy Buffet CD's in the player and enjoy. What a great ride. A few weeks ago I was driving in the mountains of MT, a yellow C5 came up behind, I let it pass and then stayed about 75' behind, we were coming down a mountain pass, 4 lanes so we could stay toghether. Kids in the cars we passed were glued to the windows. Future Vette owners.

2nd only to my '67
By Setter on 09/26/06 20:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have truly enjoyed this second go round with Corvette's. My 2001 convertable is everything in a straight line that my 427 '67 was and this baby will really hang on the corners, unlike the '67. I don't care what anyone else thinks. This is the biggest bang you can get for the bucks anywhere. Buy one or steal a drive frome someone who has one, and if you don't agree, you never drove a big block '67.

Corvette Fun
By dreed614 on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Excellent Car, Fun to Drive and built well

problems wth my corvette
By laguana on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The first two years I had the car it was nothing but problems.Check engine light coming on constantly.I tried to resolve my issue with GM but all they could offer me was oil changes,finally I contacted Better Business Bureau and within a week I was getting somewhere with the problems.This was a leased and I wanted a car that was dependable,being in the State of Nevada there is a lemon law three strikes and it's history or compromise.Finally GM settled with a five year or 60000 miles powertrain warranty.Thanks to Better Business Bureau.Will move on to European models it was fun but the aggravation it put me through wasn't worth buying another GM product.

Great Car....poor service at dealership
By kbrantley on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great Car. Only a few minor problems during the last three years. Oil changes and new tires have been the only out of pocket costs to date. Dealer Service very poor....I will never buy a Chevrolet again because of the lack of quality control whenever I took the car in to the dealer. It never improved even after multiple complaints. Everytime I took it to the dealer for an oil change I asked to have the emergency brake adjusted and not once did they accomplish that task. Too bad because it is a great car, now that the warrenty has expired, I will try to find a real mechanic or do it myself.

big fat date mobile
By sharon lee on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

this car is a blast to drive; and turns heads everywhere I go! Only wish I had more time to drive it.

Yesssss!!
By Pedro on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second C5, a 2001 roadster.. I've had it for almost three years now and it consistently makes me smile. The performance, looks, and ride are all worth the price of ownership. I have made "corrections" such as intake, full-length headers and exhaust and the car has rewarded me with improved performance. On two trips from Florida to Bowling Green Kentucky, my vette averaged better than 27MPG!