Used 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Windy Wendy is a blast!
By gdemarco

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2001 hatchback in April of 2013. Very low miles and looks showroom good. I have wanted a corvette for years but children and a military career precluded adding one to the family. Now with just my wife and boxer dod the time seemed right. A long time dream come true and boy, do I feel blessed. Great car, great price, great dog, great wife! Could it get any better?

Favorite Features

Acceleration and smooth ride combine for a superb experience. At 350 hp and 360 torque what's not to like. The Bose system and 12 disk CD add to the pleasure. At 5"9 1/2 and 200 lbs it fits me perfect. A little stiff lower back after a long ride but hey, I am 63 so it goes with the territory.

Suggested Improvements

Not any! Why mess with perfection?

mine is a 6 speed manual
By finallygotone

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car three months ago used of course with a ghost in the system that effected not only the turn signals but the heater-air as well. It turned out to be a the hazard switch and cost about $466 for the local dealer to install and flush the cooling system, so not to bad. I put Michlines on it and behold the beast has come to life. It is the base convertable with 6 speed manual and its Katey bar the door when I step on it. Only 350-350 but feels like more to me. the body and paint are GREAT except for the lower air dam in front as expected has found a curb but not too bad. So far I can't say enough about this car, it is the most fun I can have with my cloths on.

Favorite Features

I can't pick any one thing as favorite. the intire car is like new condition except as noted earlier, It is a 2001 with 58thao miles when I bought it and now has 60thao. Only one paint chip at drivers door. Top looks new as well and believe it or not, it was a lease car. I have wanted one since I saw my first one in 1953 and I am not disapointed at all.

Suggested Improvements

Would you believe, improve the MPG?

Nicest looking sports car on the road
By Brent

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I could of bought anything in the mid $20,000 range as a seasonal summer sports car. Hands down my decision to buy a 2001 Corvette convertible was dead on. Fast, sexy, North American built, cant beat it. Man I love this car, thumbs up all the time. St Catharine's built LS1, fit and finish is tops, paint is excellent, 30 mpg. You kidding me this is one great car.

Favorite Features

Hitting the on ramps to a highway. Getting the old thumbs up. This model will stand the test of time. HOT, HOT, HOT!

Suggested Improvements

None

My first Vette
By NICK

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had 6 cars in 2 years. Tried the 09 370z fun fast garbage. Then a bmw335itturbo engine went in a month, next a Porsche boxster pure sports car, I loved the hidden midengine power and triptronic shift took it in for service a leak was found and 16.000 for a new trans never happen, I've always loved the Corvette and the c-5 was just a really classy design so I found one tested her and bought it. I haven't had a Chevy since 88 I've stayed with Dodge and still have my durango great quality and service, Chevy hasn't changed a bit poor service they lie and here's an example, if your mechanic don't know what 275/45/18 is and you ask the service manager the same and the answer is worse, that says it all. Run!

Favorite Features

Heads up is nice feature as is the gas guage when it works. My Nissan was a 7 speed 320h lil monster, but it was the worst built car I ever owned, the vette is def muscle with no gimmicks, the manual 6 sp trans works well with the ls1 and she hides her power well but you know its always there for you.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy still doesn't know how to make customers happy. After 20 years same ole song an dance sad but true. Chevy has used the same poor quality alternators, and gas floats for years, I guess the memo never hit anyone's desk, gm should really train everyone all over and back their vehicles for a change.

After all these years!
By NickDago

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am sure glad my wife let me buy this car four years ago. If ever you need a little pick-me-up the Corvette Z06 will definitely do the trick. I have not had any problems with this car and love the way it handles and the power it has. You just can not get over the quickness and power this car has. I was able to by this car from the original owner with 6500 miles on it for 30k, best 30k I have ever spent. I you want to experience Ferrari like perfomance at a price almost anyone can afford than you have to drive a C% Z06.

Favorite Features

Power, power and power. Plenty of storage in the back, spectacular exterior design and great handling. People can not resist coming up and talking to you about the car. Most people do not know the difference between the C5 and C6 Z06

Suggested Improvements

An option for an upgraded interior.