2001 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Windy Wendy is a blast!
By gdemarco on 04/27/13 07:16 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2001 hatchback in April of 2013. Very low miles and looks showroom good. I have wanted a corvette for years but children and a military career precluded adding one to the family. Now with just my wife and boxer dod the time seemed right. A long time dream come true and boy, do I feel blessed. Great car, great price, great dog, great wife! Could it get any better?

mine is a 6 speed manual
By finallygotone on 01/18/13 21:49 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car three months ago used of course with a ghost in the system that effected not only the turn signals but the heater-air as well. It turned out to be a the hazard switch and cost about $466 for the local dealer to install and flush the cooling system, so not to bad. I put Michlines on it and behold the beast has come to life. It is the base convertable with 6 speed manual and its Katey bar the door when I step on it. Only 350-350 but feels like more to me. the body and paint are GREAT except for the lower air dam in front as expected has found a curb but not too bad. So far I can't say enough about this car, it is the most fun I can have with my cloths on.

Nicest looking sports car on the road
By Brent on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I could of bought anything in the mid $20,000 range as a seasonal summer sports car. Hands down my decision to buy a 2001 Corvette convertible was dead on. Fast, sexy, North American built, cant beat it. Man I love this car, thumbs up all the time. St Catharine's built LS1, fit and finish is tops, paint is excellent, 30 mpg. You kidding me this is one great car.

My first Vette
By NICK on 08/06/10 14:21 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had 6 cars in 2 years. Tried the 09 370z fun fast garbage. Then a bmw335itturbo engine went in a month, next a Porsche boxster pure sports car, I loved the hidden midengine power and triptronic shift took it in for service a leak was found and 16.000 for a new trans never happen, I've always loved the Corvette and the c-5 was just a really classy design so I found one tested her and bought it. I haven't had a Chevy since 88 I've stayed with Dodge and still have my durango great quality and service, Chevy hasn't changed a bit poor service they lie and here's an example, if your mechanic don't know what 275/45/18 is and you ask the service manager the same and the answer is worse, that says it all. Run!

After all these years!
By NickDago on 11/11/08 18:53 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am sure glad my wife let me buy this car four years ago. If ever you need a little pick-me-up the Corvette Z06 will definitely do the trick. I have not had any problems with this car and love the way it handles and the power it has. You just can not get over the quickness and power this car has. I was able to by this car from the original owner with 6500 miles on it for 30k, best 30k I have ever spent. I you want to experience Ferrari like perfomance at a price almost anyone can afford than you have to drive a C% Z06.

Wonderful Car
By volt on 05/14/08 14:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

There's no better bang for the buck. I had my C5 for two years and it lost $1000/year in depreciation. If Chevy made all their cars with the quality of this, they wouldn't be going broke. It is a sheer blast to drive, everything is precise. Steering is responsive, gas and brake are solid. The suspension is comfortable and handling is perfect. Plus, and I guess most importantly, is the fact that this car's design will never go out of style. She is sexy. On the otherhand, the car's not that practical because of the lack of room and the low clearance. Maintenance and repairs are pricey, but nothing like foreign cars. Tires are very expensive

What else compares?
By 2infiniti on 04/22/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Commuting to and from work I get 21 MPG and 30+@ 75 MPH in 6th gear. This magnetic red car is a head turner. Cheaper than a Subaru WRX or a Mitsu Lancer and it doesnít look like a shopping cart! I put Michelin Pilot AS run-flats and the traction improved dramatically over the GY Eagles and noise dropped. For $25k this is a deal. Too bad when car mags do car comparisons they donít compare what was a $48k new Vette now worth $22-$25 to the new stuff you can buy! The Vette would win hands down. When I get rid of it, it will be for a 2008 used with 3LT auto and 436 hp. Until then I would rather have it than any other car. As a car connoisseur I highly recommend the C-5!

Best Bang for the Buck
By bill on 03/11/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Went to the dealership to buy a key and ended up testing a Z06. What a mistake! I haven't felt this power since the muscle cars of the 60's- 70's! Needless to say I bought the car. This car brings the most smiles per mile and it compares to cars over twice it's cost in performance and appeal. Love it!

Best performance car for the money!
By 2001 ZO6 on 02/23/08 03:42 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

For an all around sports that can just about beat anything that costs twice as much, you can't go wrong with a ZO6. It is civilized enough to drive everyday unlike a vVper and gets as many looks and compliments. I have never have had a problem. The car has 28000 miles and runs flawlessly. The only down fall is that it likes to eat up rear tires as the rear end tends to slip the rear tires quite easily when shifting into second even when driving conservitly. Truly a great car.

A dream come true
By Green Rdstr on 09/12/07 18:36 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the green roadster in Austin, Tx. Got on I35 north bound and knew why I live in MT. Great trip North. Set the auto pilot on 80, put Jimmy Buffet CD's in the player and enjoy. What a great ride. A few weeks ago I was driving in the mountains of MT, a yellow C5 came up behind, I let it pass and then stayed about 75' behind, we were coming down a mountain pass, 4 lanes so we could stay toghether. Kids in the cars we passed were glued to the windows. Future Vette owners.