Buy one and feel younger
By vchanpe on
2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe
Purchased a well maintained used glossy black 2000 Vette with 6 sp last year for $22K and I am having the time of my life. I am 55 but I feel like a teenager again. My previous cars were muscle cars and luxury cars and I will never go back. I knew the power was there but the grip is unbelievable. I have taken freeway exit curves at 50 mph where the speed limit was 25 mph. My muscle cars could not do that. I am averaging 20 MPG overall with the 6 speed while my brother's GTO and my son's Transam gets only 18 MPG with the same engine but with automatics. Noisy car but I will be installing sound insulation soon. My next car after this one will be a Vette.
Favorite Features
Looks fast and drive fast. Fun car to drive. Better than expected fuel mileage. Easy to fix. Vette has a built-in check engine code readout for DIY backyard mechanics. I had a check engine code and the readout informed me that the knock sensor was bad so I replaced it and I was back in business.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the interior with less plastics. Bigger glove compartment. Need more sound insulation.