2000 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: 1st Vette and not the last

2000 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

1st Vette and not the last
By vchanpe on

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2 Dr STD Coupe

I now look forward to my commute. I had a 1995 Lexus LS400 which was a world class luxery car but the Vette simply blows it away in driving enjoyment. I will never buy a luxury car again. I will never buy another sports car except for another Vette. Pros: Acceleration, Grip, Good gas mileage (20 MPG plus) with a stick. Cons: Noisy and harsh ride which are expected. Riding a roller coaster at an amusement park is also noisy and harsh but makes up for it by going fast, taking curves and the sheer fun of it. If you have fun riding a roller coaster and like to get your heart pumping, then this is your car. I am over 55 and I feel like a teenager again. (i.e. ready to pick up girls)

Fast acceleration was expected but I was amazed on the Vette's grip. I have taken 25 MPH exit curves at 50 plus MPH with confidence which is something you can't do in a luxery car or a lesser sport car. With a very high margin of safety, you can drive fast in a curve with less fear.

Put more sound insulation and quieter tires. The sports clutch is heavy which is expected but it should be a tad lighter. The shift stick should also be less notchy.