Used 2000 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Not so good....
By fool me once shame

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2 Dr STD Coupe

Have had trouble and the local dealers here in Lake County Florida are real jerks. Have tried both... both rip you silly... Sorry, but I guess I had expectations... for 45k that were too high... I am replacing the car with a BMW 500 series

Favorite Features

It is fast when it runs right

Suggested Improvements

Better service and support from the dealers. They actually refused to honor the warranty and put me off. What should have been covered cost me about a thousand bucks to fix. No more for me.

great car with some flaws
By Desmo

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

I have to say this car is a very good deal for the money. The car is fun to drive and it is easy on gas when at highway speeds. The handling is world class. First and second gear acceleration is very good. This car will break the rubber loose when floored while rolling at speed. I have had problems with the gas guage that has yet to be fixed. The power window motor on the pass side has gone out 2x. Also, the remote has gone out 2x. The steering lock has malfunctioned after it was replaced on a recall. The transmission pops out of reverse often. I still love the car.

Favorite Features

HUD is great. Competitive driving mode is nice. It will let you play but keeps you out of trouble. Handling and ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

Better gear box. Fix the electronic bugs. More power or better rear gear ratios would help 3rd gear and higher acceleration. Offer a 3.90 rear end.

Excellent sports car!
By Corvette

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

Excellent sports car for the money. It has been the most fun sports car I have ever driven. I would recommend for all sports car enthusiasts. Although, not a family car, all will enjoy riding.

Favorite Features

Speed and handling

It's everything you want....but
By tmack

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

A true American sports car. Former Porsche owner - won over. Bowling Green w/Tan top, love color combo, obviously for others as they have discontinued the color. Modest interior design but coming from a Porsche,a step up. Problems w/fuel gauge (6x) replaced tanks, senders, etc.. A/C condensation leaking onto passenger floor - my own interior swimming pool.. electrical issue with radio, etc., staying on after engine shut down and door opening. Told this is not a big deal but for a 55K car it should not there in the first place.

Favorite Features

Ride, Performance, Handling, Comments from others

Suggested Improvements

Interior upgrades to dash and either make the cup holder well bigger or get rid of it.

2000 Corvette Coupe
By sra07734

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe

The Corvette has been a great car. Acceleration is phenomenal! I have owned a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS5, and the Corvette is quicker. Minor problems I have experienced include replacement of the steering wheel lock motor and replacement of the passenger side power window motor. There are many available aftermarket performance parts that are easy to install.

Favorite Features

LS1 engine power, sound system, and removable top.

Suggested Improvements

Shorter throw on the manual transmission