2000 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
I Really Expected More!!
By FloridaVette on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

This is one of the greatest looking, best performing automobiles on the road today, but for the price,I really expected more. I have had to make too many trips to the dealership for my liking. Four trips in the last year for faulty headlight motor, erratic door locks, gas tank sending unit (this one almost left me stranded on the side of the highway),alternator, and traction control/ABS system. The latest thing is serious oil consumption/burning. I thought maybe it was just my car, but after talking to several other C-5 owners, these problems appear to be fairly common. The interior looks fairly similar to that of a Chevy that costs half the price.

Third Vette... and counting...
By Kretzj on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I've owned three Corvettes, this 2000 Triple-Black Roadster being my latest, and my first C5. My previous Corvette was an LT4-powered 1996 Collector Edition convertible. First, moving from a C4 to a C5: The C5 is a different machine, with vastly different handling characteristics. I was warned by a good friend to take two or three weeks before trying anything "silly". I'm glad I listened to him. As far as horsepower is concerned, I know my LT4 '96 was rated at 330 and the 2000 is rated at 345 but I know in my heart and soul that my '96 (both 6- speeds) could take the C5 in a straight shootout.. not by much maybe, but there's my secret belief.

2000 conv. vette
By Wm. Beier on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

Engine ticking at start up after a few hrs. sitting. Was told by dealer this was normal. My 1990, 1992, 1995 did not tick at start up and they were all driven for more than 93000 miles each when I traded for another Vette.

Finally
By Corvette kid on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

I just purchased my pewter convertible 2000 'vette, finally I own a car that is fun fun fun to drive.So far it is the best looking,best driving and most comfortable sports car I have ever owned, and built in the good old U.S.A.One thing that I will have to get used to is the stares from other drivers, they have that I wish I had one look. I also can highly recomend South-Bay Mercedes-Benz for a pleasant buying experience, ask for Ryan.