Used 2000 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

It's All Good
By Bill Matthews

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

This is my 3rd Vette in the last 10 years. The C5 is truly the best sports car value in the world. The 2000 is late enough in the model to have most of the problems worked out. It is also old eough to be picked up at a very good price if you look for it. The car will do anything I ask it to do on a city street or highway, and is more of a joy than the law allows on a country road. . More power, sure, that's what everyone wants. But, this car will smoke the tires in several gears and will top 140mph. How much do you need? The C5 is the best Vette to take on a long drive ever. I get better than 30 mpg on the highway if I try.

Suggested Improvements

The only things that need improvement were put into the C6.

00 C5 vert.
By mwagne16

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

Best bang for the buck with styling being considered. A few thousand dollars for a supercharger, and instant 700hp with perfect daily drivability. Just how the factory should have done it in the first place to make it perfect.

Favorite Features

Great looks. Yellow with black top. Waterfall is art! Heads up display is pretty cool.

Suggested Improvements

More power!!! Needs wider rubber out back.

It's everything you want....but
By tmack

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

A true American sports car. Former Porsche owner - won over. Bowling Green w/Tan top, love color combo, obviously for others as they have discontinued the color. Modest interior design but coming from a Porsche,a step up. Problems w/fuel gauge (6x) replaced tanks, senders, etc.. A/C condensation leaking onto passenger floor - my own interior swimming pool.. electrical issue with radio, etc., staying on after engine shut down and door opening. Told this is not a big deal but for a 55K car it should not there in the first place.

Favorite Features

Ride, Performance, Handling, Comments from others

Suggested Improvements

Interior upgrades to dash and either make the cup holder well bigger or get rid of it.

My Treasure,2000 CorvetteConvertable!
By My Treasure

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

0ne year later the dream became a nightmare to this date. First it started with 5/6 trips for the fuel gauge sensor, locked sterring, 2 alternators, 4 batteries,3xs headlight motor, cd player, 4xs body control module,3xs foglights, 2xs trunk would not open,dealorship lost my keys, Leaving a few others out I'm sure. And the hits keep coming!I guess I have been blessed until now. I'm not alone, which does not provide me any comfort. GM offered me a 10 yr. warranty to rebuild my confidence. I want a car I can drive! Not continue to be at service.PLEASE. What an ordeal. Guess I've had enough.

Favorite Features

Body

Suggested Improvements

AMERICAN DREAM CAR! FIX THE PROBLEMS!

Satissfied
By Bill Power

2000 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible

Great car, better than previous corvette. Design is complimented many times by non-corvette owners. Only wish could reprogram oil change to reflect fact that synthetic oils do better than 3500 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Synthetic oil change at 7500 miles and not 3500.